The Bosnian Diamond changed the game - Dzeko is the man

Re: Edin dzeko

Aguero does have a pretty good first touch, when he moves to the ball. Disappointingly, I've seen many occasions in recent games where he stands still and allows the defender to get past him and intercept the ball. This probably only shows up in the stats as an incomplete pass by Silva/Nasri/etc.

Let's face it, all three of our strikers do some good things and some bad things every game, so it's easy to make a case for your favorite and excoriate the other(s).

Dzeko has the style that will ALWAYS cause debate.

That style is that he "only" scores goals. Yes, he scores goals, but nothing else really. Some think that's enough as that's what wins a game, others want more from him. With that kind of striker, there is ALWAYS debate.

CityFan94 said:

That style is that he "only" scores goals. Yes, he scores goals, but nothing else really. Some think that's enough as that's what wins a game, others want more from him. With that kind of striker, there is ALWAYS debate.

Only goals and only assists. Only everything.

mansour's tow ropes said:
AlanBallsWldcupMedal said:
I also believe he is carrying a bit of an injury.

based on what? the fact he is playing shit?
Last 3 games he scored 2 and assisted 1. Beside that he made a good move against Tottenham which left Nasri alone, he should have had a penalty against Liverpool and another assist if AJ wasn't one of Englands most overrated players.

I ask this for the fourth time now, what do you expect from a striker? Nobody of you answered before so I expect you all to just ignore this post once again.

AgueroO said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
AlanBallsWldcupMedal said:
I also believe he is carrying a bit of an injury.

based on what? the fact he is playing shit?
Last 3 games he scored 2 and assisted 1. Beside that he made a good move against Tottenham which left Nasri alone, he should have had a penalty against Liverpool and another assist if AJ wasn't one of Englands most overrated players.

I ask this for the fourth time now, what do you expect from a striker? Nobody of you answered before so I expect you all to just ignore this post once again.

1. score goals check
2. assists check
3. good control mmmmm
4. out muscle defenders mmmm
5. win key headers mmmm
6. strengh mmmm

Bit to work on but he has time in a great team so here's hoping he makes it.

CityFan94 said:

Nah I don't agree with that. Dzeko can play an incredible hold up role, he can bully defenders, we've even seem him play a little deeper and play forward for others. He will also, more often than not, not shirk away even if he's having a bad game. He always tries to get involved. If you want an example of a striker who only scores goals and does nothing else look at someone like Hernandez. His problem is his seeming hot cold hot cold gameplay, and inconsistency is probably the worst thing for a manager. Even when Aguero is having a bad game, he's still often doing the basics right. When Dzeko has a bad game he could damn near end up scoring an own goal from the opposition goal line, the whole thing goes completely to shit.

I still think he's just not suited to rotation. He seems built like an ox, I've no doubt he could be playing every league game on the bounce with plenty of others thrown in between. The problem is he isn't. I sit and pray with Balo out Dzeko can really stamp his authority on the team.

My two penneth......

I think its a work rate thing, why Sergio doesn't get slated as much as Dzeko

When Dzeko loses the ball, or it isn't within a three yard radius of him, he looks disinterested.

With Aguero, he works his nuts off for the cause, game in, game out, week in, week out.......Aguero's work rate is phenomonal (along with him scoring goals regularly)

Similar to when Shaunny was with us.....not always the greatest player, but his work rate won most of us over.

I like Dzeko, I think he is a quality player. As others have stated, it seems to be confidence with him - when he plays every game he seems to go on a goalscoring run.

As frustrating as Dezko can appear, we all need to get off his case - it doesn't help matters and, my days, we could have a worse striker than Edin!!

CaliforniaBlue said:
Aguero does have a pretty good first touch, when he moves to the ball. Disappointingly, I've seen many occasions in recent games where he stands still and allows the defender to get past him and intercept the ball. This probably only shows up in the stats as an incomplete pass by Silva/Nasri/etc.

Let's face it, all three of our strikers do some good things and some bad things every game, so it's easy to make a case for your favorite and excoriate the other(s).

You're obviously not a "local" fan, as your post contains too much sense and rationale. And you are very correct, but I guess Dzeko has become the standard scapegoat since his slow start in the PL, so people are just used to using him to vent their frustrations of a bad game.

On a different note, one thing Dzeko misses though is a more aggressive/firm handling of the defenders, he sometimes just lets defenders ride him as they please. If he would work on that, he would be winning a lot more headers, and lose possession a lot less.

With Mario banned for:

Everton
Fulham
Aston Villa

I say this is the time for Edin to truly shine and pick up his form and confidence.

His stats from op stand up well in my humble opinion and theres alot of teams who would like to have him (take the red scousers for one )Andy Carroll lol !!
He will get better too i would rather see him playing for us than against us too !!
We have come along way and i think people forget some of our other forwards from the past !! ie the prolific scorer Adrian Heath etc 75 games 4 goals
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.