The official 'Kill The Cheese' thread

mcfcliam said:
Rodenberger10 said:
I love the way our owners want to make the matchday experience better for everyone. Remember that maine road has unfortunately gone and the world has changed.

I'm sure negative people like you would prefer if we became a division 1 club again!!! Pathetic dont come to a game again we dont want you!!!!

I love it when that old clique gets used.

Brilliant.

Old clique or cliche?

Didsbury Dave said:
Rodenberger10 said:
Ah sorry must just be me then who enjoys the games and everything that happens... It just seems like some people are criticising schemes the club are putting in place at the moment. No offense intended.

How old are you mate? Honest question...

Funny thing is Dave, you do so go on about moving moving the away fans and wanting noise and passion, but you choose to sit in Level 3. Doesn't really make you the best spokesperson for the "noise" drive.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
OxBlue said:
Horses for courses....

Most of what you're complaining about is for youngsters and families.

I managed to go to the match on Sunday, having been to a charity boxing match in the morning in a pub with drinking from early doors, mini-bus to game, beers at half time, bit of singing lots of celebrating, beers after in a pub then tram home with Kebab and then nursed broken thumb with bag of peas when I got in.

At no point did I have to wear a giant foam hand, or a silly t-shirt or sing City City Ra Ra Ra.

So you can have a good 70/80's stylee day, just with better toilets and less violence..so all's good.

Agree a lot here.

I like a bit of a partisan atmospehere, even a bit intimidating. I cant stomach City becoming another Bolton or Boro playing fucking pigbag when we score. I go to watch football in a real football environment not to watch Billy Smarts Circus. iwant my son to experience a real atmosphere (without the aggro I might add)

Fully understand the family stand bit etc, but people on here are trying to force things around when to do the bloody poxzan, what bloody inflatables we take etc etc. Its so small time it and invariably back fires on us. Look at the lights out against United...showed off their support brilliantly? Look at the dickhead holding up a placard "our wembley day out" after the Reading game. People were laughing at us all round the world.
We're not Bolton, Boro, Blackburn...we dont need all the hype and shite. Just get behind the lads and create a proper atmoshphere of singing banners ands scalves. The best Ive seen as COMs was when the club left a simple blue and white scalf on the seat pre the derby...it was superb. As for Fucking cardboard goggles...fuck me Mr Cook give it a rest.

I know the club has to increase it`s revenue and the main focus of it is based around the "family match day experience" bringing in a large percentage of that,but I can`t stand all the cheesey bile thats forced down our throats and I used to take the lad to maine rd and coms and he`d enjoy the game without all this commercial nonsense. whats next?organ music blared out with every goal scored, the scoreboard telling us what to sing, or even worse that piped chanting bollox of the pearce era?
Going to a footy match is all about the game not some, orchestrated baseball match showtime nonsense.
I understand the club needs revenue but they could do it with a bit more class and less effect on the rest of us.

Is Hugh Ferris that **** of a "presenter" at half time ?

I'm 41 and I think it's all appalling. Does that make me a luddite or just a miserable sod ?

Do the 16-30 year olds who absolutely have it at games really enjoy all this schmaltz or is it aimed at daft women and children.

What these cheesemeisters don't understand is that we don't need entertaining at games. The game itself is the entertainment

When you go to the theatre or a gig there's no entertainment at the interval or pre show, you get a bite to eat or drink and talk to your pals

It's fantastic to hear the murmur of a large crowd, the witty remarks, the chanting between fans as the atmosphere builds not some wannabe TV presenter talking shite to various nobodys and introducing boring video clips or intensely loud music drowning everything out.

When I go to OT I'm always amused by the theme park feel of the place with their little gay country road songs etc. I'm afraid we're going the same way.

How long before we play a daft song when we score a goal ?????

NB apologies if this was mentioned in a differrent thread but at the Sunderland game during a video celebrating the Sydney supporters club branch they actually showed Giggs and Scholes celebrating their winner here last year.

WHY THE FUCK AM I WATCHING THAT AT OUR GROUND FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Santiago Street . said:

I'm 41 and I think it's all appalling. Does that make me a luddite or just a miserable sod ?

Do the 16-30 year olds who absolutely have it at games really enjoy all this schmaltz or is it aimed at daft women and children.

What these cheesemeisters don't understand is that we don't need entertaining at games. The game itself is the entertainment

When you go to the theatre or a gig there's no entertainment at the interval or pre show, you get a bite to eat or drink and talk to your pals

It's fantastic to hear the murmur of a large crowd, the witty remarks, the chanting between fans as the atmosphere builds not some wannabe TV presenter talking shite to various nobodys and introducing boring video clips or intensely loud music drowning everything out.

When I go to OT I'm always amused by the theme park feel of the place with their little gay country road songs etc. I'm afraid we're going the same way.

NB apologies if this was mentioned in a differrent thread but at the Sunderland game during a video celebrating the Sydney supporters club branch they actually showed Giggs and Scholes celebrating their winner here last year.

Everything I would expect from a Satiago Street man - Amen.

The complete sanitisation of a tribal game to appeal to the wallets of those they crave.

Santiago Street . said:

We want santiago street as our leader!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.