The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I understand where you are coming from and hold similar feelings. It will be very difficult if not impossible to not care wether city win or lose though. Too deeply engrained from a young age.
I think perhaps it starts with not being so depressed or angry when we lose.
There’s a difference between still being interested in how we do compared to others and the thrill of actually following City come hell or high water.

If the game actually went the way it was looking to go last Sunday, I doubt I would go to Manchester to see any of it.

It would be sad, as my young lad is now at the age where I could enjoy a pint with him in The Townley.

Never really used my account on here but I've been going back and forth on this for the last week.

I've been going to City since I was 6 and have had a season ticket since I was 14, but I really don't feel like I can renew my ticket for next season if the situation stays as it is.

I was getting a bit disillusioned with Premier League football as it was with the price, VAR, etc but this ESL nonsense has really wound me up. I understand that those in charge at City weren't the ringleaders of it all and that they were among the first to pull out but I still don't feel like I can trust them in the same way that I could before. It seems inevitable that the people behind this (Perez, Glazers etc) will only try and do this again in the future, but with a better PR strategy, unless major change happens to stop it for good. Unless something massive happens between now and the summer to change my mind on this, then I'm getting a season ticket at my local non-league team next season. I go and watch them anyway whenever there's an international break or when City are playing away in the league as I don't have enough loyalty points, so it's not like I'm choosing a new team or ditching City. I've loved City my whole life and always will but for now I feel much more comfortable giving £90 to a 100% fan-owned team who needs the money and will appreciate me as a fan rather than £500 to a billionaire who seemed willing to help wreck English football only a week ago.

Apparently Perez said that city were the one English club who was unsure with the ESL project and the first to pull out. For me personally that alleviates some of the anger and disappointment I originally felt based on those stated facts and what they have done to city since 2008. They were not the architects and were only concerned about being left behind, although that will not be good enough for boards and fan bases of clubs outside of these 6 and who can blame them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.