The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
23 year commitment from the 12 clubs signed up so far.

This will happen regardless of any sanctions imposed such as expulsion from the league and cup competitions.
And what happens to the team with an average finishing position of 20th after the 23 years? Do our new friends look after this club, or do they discard them and leave them with nothing?

I wouldn't trust any of these snakes, they need us right now but make no mistake, for each of them its about their own self-interest. They would discard us tomorrow, if it benefitted them.

I can't see how it can get off the ground because it's not feasible as a league in its own right. It is feasible as a addition to the domestic league. And we are not going to be able to play in a domestic league.
I can't see why it's not feasible as a league in its own right if they get 20 teams and they are kicked out of their national leagues. I would have thought it would be the natural progression.

Honest question. If this did collapse could you look at City the same again after?
Yes but only because I don’t and have never put them on a pedestal. I’ve never bought into the “we’re better than them” narrative at any point. I support City because I was indoctrinated in Main Stand, Block H from the age of 5 and it was main time I got spend time with dearly missed Dad.

No **** will take that away from me and I’ll support them against whichever opposition, whatever happens.

Is this realistically happening ? or the biggest hot air ever ?

I'd definitely not bother with the PL if this was to go ahead to be honest, Spurs in a 'Super league' that they cant get relegated from ?! whole thing is a joke.

The Champions League, for decades, has only been about money very thinly veiled as a competition - underlined by the fact you don't have to be a champion of anything to get into it.

However, by that virtue, smaller clubs had 'a chance' to get in it to play some of the bigger clubs. In reality, this romantic possibility very rarely happens and so, ironically, The Champions League is always made up of the same clubs.

UEFA has always allegedly 'helped' the clubs it wants to be there too. They have gone even further with that with their new proposal.

The club could quite easily have declined to take part. Someone else would take our place in a flash. The fans could deal with that.

However, would the fans be happy to lower their expectations substantially in terms of the team's achievements, transfers and playing staff as a result due to an enormous drop in revenues.

There are plenty in the Transfer and Matchday forums who would seriously struggle with that in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.