The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.

Sorry it’s hit you so hard mate, but if you take (some of) the immediate emotional reaction out of it and look at it professionally - there will still be plenty of interest in City related content, and plenty of fans willing to pay to see an articulate and informed take on the Club.

Hopefully once the emotional hit subsides, the pragmatic head will see there is still a big future for your work!

Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.
Really sorry to hear this bud.

Greed has been around in football for years now. As Simon Jordan mentioned on talksport earlier the owners have to come up with the huge salaries that the player's get and most clubs have been hit hard by the pandemic.

The player's have to take some form of responsibility in this cash grab. Like I said earlier as well I don't see any asking for their contracts to be ripped up because they are so against this. It will all be about how much more money they can get out of this as it always is.
You are not telling me anything I do not know, but the only defence of this power grab seems to be its already corrupt so a little more corruption wont make any difference. As if based on this it should be accepted.

The fundamental shift and its a huge shift are a number of football clubs including our own are determining the funding, governance and removing the meritocracy of the elite footballing competition in the world game. This is without consult with fans, governing bodies and equally disgusting their actions will remove all aspiration from other clubs and their supporters of being able to watch the club they love play against the best sides in the world and probably undermining their business models in the process.

Its a selfish power grab, quite simply.

I genuinely think that's the entire point to this. They'll want Amazon/Disney etc. showing Friday night through to Sunday night, each game given it's own slot, no clashes, all Pay Per View... there's no way on Earth this will stay a midweek competition for long.
I bet there will be individual TV rights negotiations built in. At least for some of the "founder members"

The Super Leaugue, and now the proposed changes to the champions League, mean that clubs can be there NOT through their CURRENT footballing merits. That is not honest competition. That's a stitch up and I feel really sad and gutted that City feel it is acceptable to join. Bullying at best, but jumping into bed with those who hate you and recently tried to destroy you just for the sake of money, that's pathetic City.

No one is I think too bothered about the CL. Don't care what you call it. What matters to me is a closed shop league divorced from the rest of football. It's elitist boring nonsense. it would have no long term future anyway.

If I were City I would be seeking talks with the Premier League, UEFA and Government.

So far I suspect City have just been pragmatic and done what we think is in the best interests of the club, but if we get the feeling it's not going to happen we should blow it up.

I hate the idea but I can see that City have been put in an almost impossible position. Easy to say we should just refuse but Utd and Liverpool are basically burning the rest of football, and if they are successful we'd be Kings of a nothing league.

The best hope is that the regulators kill it,and City make a sharp exit. I'd be negotiating.

This is of course assuming we don't have our noses firmly in the trough with the rest of them.Logically, the Premier League and UEFA CL were great for us. We were on top. It makes sense for a Spurs. It makes less sense for City. We are likely the weak link in this. COuld we exit from this? I suggest City are just motivated by pragmatism.
Indeed. I actively dislike UEFA, they've treated City like mugs for years now, and i'm not bothered one bit what's happening to them.

But i care about the fabric of English and other domestic football, long standing traditions and history, just being chucked over a wall into a slag heap with no care in the world about any of it.

That's what i can't stand most!

Plus the fact i do not trust this set of shysters we're getting involved in, but very questionably not being on the seat of chairs with any of them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.