The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Well they have broke Premier League rules.

what ones? not yet, not this year, as I understand it.

No issue with any sanctions btw, just looking at what mechanisms actually exist, and not seeing any.

So theoretically ..
I've invested over 1.5 billion pounds in an enterprise. Worked hard to make it profitable and successful.
Then one day the rules change , in all probability I have the choice of doing nothing and hoping the status quo is maintained whilst hoping to improve on the current situation or
Take a profitable option which ensures my investment ( not debt ) is protected.
I don't like the option but I know what I would end up doing .

Gone too far I think mate. Woodward resigning his position at UEFA and Ceferin's comments about Woodward and Agnelli appears to render the position of the clubs untenable within UEFA.

Now the mischievous side of me hopes that City signing the letter of intent is actually a ploy to get all these clubs who have officials in UEFA positions to step down from them - give 'em enough hope to hang themselves and all that - and that we're actually working in cahoots with UEFA to fuck them all over.
oh i do hope your right,as for woodward up to him what he does and not our problem he's just a cretin,hope he finds himself down at the job centre soonish

The same Army of Lawyers that all thought we were banged to rights with FFP violations.

We should have gracefully accepted our punishment we were told..

I don't profess to be a Sports lawyer, or legal expert.

But i do know enough legally, to know that a lot of what is Legal ,is down to interpretation,. And ultimately a Judge interpretation

When we were found guilty of FFP violations. It was decided we had knowingly, deceitfully, circumvented FFP legislation.

Our Group of Sports layers argued differently at CAS, and the rest is history.

My point here is the Glaziers/Fenway Sports etc Group of Lawyers might think they have the Premier league/UEFA/FIFA/Sky/BT+ Employment laws T & Cs forensically covered by reading all the T & CS of these various organizations. But this will be all based on their own Lawyers biased interpretations of said T&Cs

All these teams right now still have contractual obligations under all sorts of T&Cs

Could potentially be a legal Mine Field that might take years to sort out..

Sky/BT they have paid hundreds millions for a Premier League product that has today been vastly devalued whilst under a rolling contractual obligation with the Premier League. They are not going to say, you know what it is cool, we will still carry on paying extortionate amounts for for a now inferior product.

First angle of attack might be injunctions.
No lawyering needed here. Premier league Rule L9 prevents clubs from playing in comps other than those currently in existence. Question is, will the "surviving" PL members exercise it. Massive game of brinksmanship going on here

Taking the format of the competition on its own terms, imagine getting drawn with Arsenal and Spurs and having to play them both at least four times every season.

I have to pretend and act interested in my clients plans for them and their children (apart from this clients I have on here reading this). Most people have to act interested in their jobs.

You make money talking about football, in your own home with no boss and thousands of kids telling you you’re ace. It’s hardly going down the pit fella is it. Chin up.

No, you're right. I'm just an emotional person though, and im not particularly good at feigning interest! I try and do things that I deeply care about, generally speaking. Itll probably blow over, but right now it feels like a gut punch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.