The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
There's a specific Premier League rule that states you can only take part in competitions they recognise.
I'm sure that rule was brought in to stop random one off games throughout the season. I doubt they brought that in thinking the Big 6 money generators were going to leave
It just seem like a negotiation, there is likely to be a hybrid compromise between the ESL and the new UCL.

You don't start a negotiation by saying you want to stay.

The other version is the ESL expanding to take in any up and coming club expanding like the PDC did and drain the life blood out of all else.

The Gov can't stop it as thy will end up being based in Switzerland, Luxembourg or the UAE.
what could the compromise be?

Howard Hockin gives his thoughts on Manchester City and their part in the new Super League proposals, and wonders if this will be the final straw for many fans.....

So, yet again, the fans would be used as commodity. Just sweeteners handed to be part of the scenery, to create atmosphere because that's one thing the clubs can't achieve on their own!!!

But you know as well as I do that there is no fucking chance ticket prices will drop.
if they make tickets a tenner for Super league because they have alternative revenue and PL and championship clubs are charging 30 or 40 quid - they're even more fucked.

I haven't seen one positive thing about this abomination.

If this does go ahead does it mean our financial advantage over most of the other clubs included is wiped out? Debt-ridden Barca and Real suddenly clear, and even Spuds and Arse able to spend £120m on one player? Or hopefully because I only skim read most things I’ve misunderstood something, as usual.

We'll most likely get kicked out of the Champions League this Friday alongside Chelsea and Real Madrid. Even if we continue in the Premier League and win it, it will feel absolutely nothing at all. What a disappointing end to a promising season.

is this reversible then? I guess it would be before a ball is kicked. Of course will be a lot of political fall out.

I can not see how this can be executed which means that the architects are fools. It also will probably end City fans honeymoon with the owner for good.

City need to back out and start talking and explaining.
City will not row backwards now. The wife has been ditched, mistress has moved in and family informed, the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.