The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Bingo. That answers the question that was puzzling me, of why we were invited, along with Chelsea, when the other 3 PL clubs (ignoring Spurs) hated us & have done their best to undermine us for years. Wouldn't even surprise me if Abu Dhabi capital was involved. Us being in was clearly a condition of the others getting the finance, whether the US-owned clubs like it or not. And the rush to do this, which I also couldn't work out was probably because some of these clubs were skint, with Spurs in particular needing to find £150m pretty sharpish.

And I now remember that one of the issues with 'Project Big Picture' was the proposal that key decisions could be taken by a handful of clubs, without others having a say. So it's not unreasonable to suppose the same thing happened here, and that us & Chelsea may have been sold the project as 'founder members' but we were anything but.

In fact I reckon we were very much seen as second-tier members, at the mercy of a small cabal, and that any financial gain from this could just as easily be taken off us. So we got cold feet and decided that it wasn't necessarily in our financial interest. Fan or other external pressure probably played little or no part in our own decision to pull out.

And therefore we weren't acting as some noble Trojan Horse, as I thought we might have been. It was far more likely to have been that the big £ signs in our eyes weren't quite as big as we thought they were. If that's the case then the judgement of our owners & execs in jumping into bed with these snakes, who've been actively trying to destroy us, has to be seriously questioned.
This is important, however I don’t think getting access to capital would’ve been too much of a problem.

I think the bigger issue was needing to secure six teams because of the Premier League bylaws. On page 99 here:

B7: Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 27, the League may expel a Club from membership upon a special Resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of not less than three-quarters of such members as (being entitled to do so) vote by their representatives or by proxy at a General Meeting of which notice specifying the intention to propose the Resolution has been duly given.

Without 6 teams, the rest of the league could have voted all of the usurpers out of the Premiership. Explains why there were reports of offers to Newcastle to join before we finally agreed. They needed six to make sure they weren’t completely fucked when it all went to pieces.

I've no idea where all this neediness comes from. I have obviously chosen my matching mates more carefully than I thought. I know all of them will just be laughing this off and won't give a flying fuck about an apology.
Its the woke millenials

Fast forwarding a bit to Khaldoon’s end of season interview. Do we think he will speak about the ESL or is it now in the past for the club and we move forward?..it’s hard to see how he could ignore what will be the elephant in the room.
Absolutely he will providing whatever punishment, if any, UEFA or Premier League dish out to the clubs involved has been dished out.
No doubt he will outline the risk assessment and timescale they had to make their decision, which we understand was less than 48 hours and apologise there was no opportunity for fan consultation legally and because of the timing.
Most likely he will say we were not convinced but given the economic uncertainty of the world post pandemic the implications of that on our sponsors going forward and given both UEFA and the Premier League have done nothing but shown a biased prejudice against us we felt we had little choice
Perhaps certain details were not shared with City, perhaps they were promised fuller details after we signed the letter on intent, perhaps we had no prior knowledge of the announcement on Sunday.
Then as soon as we realised it was the shit show it was we pulled out.
Sorry we made a mistake
What he won’t say is they probably thought they had enough in the bank for their loyal fans to forgive and forget. It happened so let’s get over it

Last edited:
I've no idea where all this neediness comes from. I have obviously chosen my matching mates more carefully than I thought. I know all of them will just be laughing this off and won't give a flying fuck about an apology.
I don't think there's that much neediness. Just a curiosity about the timelines to try to gain insight into the club's machinations and processes during the period of madness.

Just think back to this time last week:
Premier League - bent as f*ck,
Officials - corrupt as f*ck,
UEFA - racist and hateful as f*ck,
City - hated by almost everyone easily influenced by media propaganda,
Rags - breathing down our necks,
Red Scousers - beyond words,
Arse - never forget that letter on their stationery,
Spuds - slipping and sliding but can we do them in the Cup Final?

Fast-forward to right now and I'm pretty sure most - if not all - of the above still apply.

Think what us Legacy (lol) fans got a brief insight into was the purest and most disgusting greed associated with individuals who circulate in an alien world compared to the rest of us. They know no other way so will continue to do their things - we'll continue to do ours.

The world will keep turning lads and lasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.