The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so many negatives on here about our chances after Arsenal beat Palace which they were expected to win.
As i see it, if we get maximum points against Liverpool & Arsenal then i reckon we'll do it.
I agree mate but they have to now drop points in a minimum of 40% of their games and we have to be flawless. If we beat dippers first game back and they drop points that weekend….

If Arsenal & City's positions were reversed, I'd be certain City were going to win it ... so it's going to be hard to catch them.

But ... no harder than where we found ourselves in some other successful run-ins. If anyone can win a league from 8 points behind with games running out and the leaders winning every week ... history says it's City.

Whenever we play first, before Arsenal ... we need to win / close the gap & thereby apply pressure on them.

8 points looks a lot, but we have a game in hand. Win that, the gap drops to 5, keep winning until we play arsenal and beat them, the gap drops to 2, and thats is if arsenal dont drop any points between now and then.

The odds are not stacked in our favour, but we still have a good chance providing we can still keep in striking distance.

I think we catch them up. I think they drop points.

My concern is our potential fixture list for final 10 days of season. It could be Madrid (h) Chelsea (h) Brighton (a) Brentford (a)

As i think the west ham game will be scheduled for the first week of may. Cant see any other spots where they could fit them in
Good chance that Chelsea, Brighton and Brentford will all be on holidays at that point and let's get past Bayern before worrying about potential CL semifinals.

Arsenal still have the following games:
Leeds H
Liverpool A
West Ham A
Southampton H
City A
Chelsea H
Newcastle A
Brighton H
Forest A
Wolves H

Plenty of opportunities to drop points there. We're only likely to have 3 league games before we play them, whilst they play 4 times. So it could be an 11pt gap by the time we play them and we'll have to win a load of games in hand in a packed schedule. The advantage is very much theirs unless they have a run of bad results, which could happen. We just need to pile the pressure on as best as we can and hope they falter, but having such a big point advantage even if they've played more, means the pressure is off them still.

Arsenal still have the following games:
Leeds H
Liverpool A
West Ham A
Southampton H
City A
Chelsea H
Newcastle A
Brighton H
Forest A
Wolves H

Plenty of opportunities to drop points there. We're only likely to have 3 league games before we play them, whilst they play 4 times. So it could be an 11pt gap by the time we play them and we'll have to win a load of games in hand in a packed schedule. The advantage is very much theirs unless they have a run of bad results, which could happen. We just need to pile the pressure on as best as we can and hope they falter, but having such a big point advantage even if they've played more, means the pressure is off them still.
I only see Brighton and Chelsea with nothing to play for in tgat list.
Rest either Europe or relegation.
Going to be a ride and a half April and may.

I think we’re getting vey close, if not already at the point, where we need to be 100% from here on in, to have a realistic chance.

Of course it’s possible Arsenal could drop points in 3+ games. I think it’s unlikely though, especially with no distractions in other competitions.

We’ve done it before though, so I certainly haven’t given up. Absolutely got to beat Liverpool after the break though, or I think that might more or less be it, barring a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.