The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:
With all respect m8 blaming the FA for your fall off is ridiculous, was it the FAs fault last season that you had relegation form into the back end of last season?

I never once said that it was the sole reason, just merely indicating that it was a contributing factor. I have already stated my derision of the manager and his tactical ineptitude, and the buck stops with him (much as it did last season). However, you cannot say that your manager being constantly linked with another job does not have a detrimental affect on the playing staff.

Yeah, you could be right there m8, something caused a huge hicup to break the concentration of a team heading for the Prem title. Those FA peeps are sly bastard on the quiet. :)

Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:
With all respect m8 blaming the FA for your fall off is ridiculous, was it the FAs fault last season that you had relegation form into the back end of last season?

I never once said that it was the sole reason, just merely indicating that it was a contributing factor. I have already stated my derision of the manager and his tactical ineptitude, and the buck stops with him (much as it did last season). However, you cannot say that your manager being constantly linked with another job does not have a detrimental affect on the playing staff.

Joking aside, I seem to recall the FA saying that they wanted to delay things until the season was almost at an end as they didn't want it to disrupt any of the clubs mid-season. If they'd identified Hodgson early on as their number 1 choice and announced it to the press, that may well have eased any uncertainty at Spurs but could've screwed up West Brom's plans for the rest of the season. Catch 22 really.

M18CTID said:
Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:

Joking aside, I seem to recall the FA saying that they wanted to delay things until the season was almost at an end as they didn't want it to disrupt any of the clubs mid-season. If they'd identified Hodgson early on as their number 1 choice and announced it to the press, that may well have eased any uncertainty at Spurs but could've screwed up West Brom's plans for the rest of the season. Catch 22 really.

I actually fully agree. If they had just announced immediately that they wanted Redknapp for the job, then us Spurs fans may have said that it too has had a negative impact. With the court case hanging over our heads, the Capello resignation could not have happened at a worse time for us. Between our manager going to court for tax fraud, then being linked with the England job, and Chris Foy, Martin Atkinson, and Howard Webb refereeing debacles it has really been one hit after another. Couple that with a disastrous run of form and it is no wonder we have dropped so magnificently out of contention for any silverware this season.

Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:

Bobby does not have that media love fest,every week the media are reporting he is a dead man walking,Jose will be here in the summer etc etc. The thing is you southerners believe the shit they write about. Harry the messiah. Fuck off

mac said:
Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:

Bobby does not have that media love fest,every week the media are reporting he is a dead man walking,Jose will be here in the summer etc etc. The thing is you southerners believe the shit they write about. Harry the messiah. Fuck off

I'm sorry, but where in my post did I indicate that I laud Harry Redknapp? Also, how does my location have anything to do with what I choose to believe from the media? I'm still from England, not North Korea. I personally don't read fluff pieces, only match reports.

M18CTID said:
Speaker said:
mancboy123 said:

I think the problem is that they were talking to Harry since Capello resigned, and he fully expected to be given the job at the end of the season. What they've done now with Roy is inexplicable but I'm guessing they didn't want to pay us the money/deal with Levy.

GHoddle said:
M18CTID said:
Speaker said:

I think the problem is that they were talking to Harry since Capello resigned, and he fully expected to be given the job at the end of the season. What they've done now with Roy is inexplicable but I'm guessing they didn't want to pay us the money/deal with Levy.

There lies the problem. How long has Harry got on his contract at Spurs? Roy Hodgson was on a rolling contract which was up for renewal so less compensation.

Or maybe you might have considered that they may have started watching his games and started asking why in 2 consecutive seasons you have shown relegation form going into the back end of the season and alarm bells started ringing and the press myth of appy arry started to look just what it is.

mancboy123 said:
Or maybe you might have considered that they may have started watching his games and started asking why in 2 consecutive seasons you have shown relegation form going into the back end of the season and alarm bells started ringing and the press myth of appy arry started to look just what it is.
Sure but Hodgson was just as bad if not worse at Liverpool plus there's something to be said for all the players pretty much wanting Harry and now getting Roy.

Thing about Harry is that yes he is tactically inept and he's destroyed our season but he also has a charm/charisma about him (if you can believe it) that really makes the players feel good. That's probably why all the English players wanted him and now they are getting Roy who seems incredibly dour and boring although idk if that is really the case. Idk whether that will affect the mentality of the players at the tournament but I suspect it will.

With Harry I think we would have gone all guns blazing and played some good football and failed. With Roy I think we will play dour football with no enthusiasm, and still fail, so from that point of view Harry would be a better choice.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 pm --<br /><br />
carlos92 said:
There lies the problem. How long has Harry got on his contract at Spurs? Roy Hodgson was on a rolling contract which was up for renewal so less compensation.
Harry has another year on the contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.