The worst thing about farcical officiating

The worst thing about today’s farcical officiating for me is not that we were robbed of point(s) or that we lost to United (though, both are bad, mind).

The worst aspect—and perhaps a “happy consequence” for those behind the incredibly suspect officiating in our matches as of late—is that it makes me feel like a dupe.

You start questioning whether you are an idiot for continually wanting to watch us play whilst trying to ignore the increasing evidence that the league are trying to manipulate outcomes to ensure they have a different winner this season.

And before the usual suspects come out and accuse me of proclaiming a complete and total conspiracy against City, I don’t think it is specifically against us because we are Manchester City. Nor do I think the manipulation is present in every match or every decision. But I do think it is becoming increasingly apparent that the league want to “protect the product” and they don’t want a club—in this case us—dominating for long periods of time in the modern iteration of the competition and so they’ll do what they can to attempt to prevent that (with varying degrees of success).

And only an idiot watches the WWE thinking it is a real wrestling match, right?

It’s begun to really hamper my enjoyment of watching us and football in general.

I have always thought that the premier league was no different to other football competitions in the world and that match fixing or manipulation has been present for decades. But it was more one-off and to do with gambling and individual dodgy situations. It wasn’t systematic.

But it is genuinely starting to feel more designed and comprehensive as the seasons have gone on. Not just against us, but with other clubs, as well, to aid the league’s cash cow clubs (PL and FA executives have even come out and said it is not good for the brand to have the most globally followed clubs not winning things).

I may be in the minority, and I know I am opening myself to all manner of abuse with this thread, but I felt it was worth sharing, as maybe others are feeling the same way.

Football has absolutely changed since I was a lad, don’t think there is good faith argument to the contrary. But the last few years it has seemingly gone the way of pure entertainment rather than at least sport for entertainment.

The drama is now the main product; the football is secondary. Broadcasters, social media, and certain clubs have ensured that transition in my opinion. I am actually starting to think a few of them see the actual football games as a bit of a hinderance to the product at this point. The drama is more profitable than the goals.

Maybe I am wrong and have just become jaded. Perhaps I just need to take a break for awhile, and regain hopefully the love I have lost.

Am I completely by myself here?
Most definitely not by yourself, the introduction of VAR was the final nail for me, I said it would lead to match outcomes being changed and we are seeing it right before our eyes and its all backed up by Sky, BT, BBC and the media in general, you see VAR decisions backed up by ex players and officials continually, 24/7 on Sky Sports they push the agenda and no one is a decenting voice the hymn sheet is stuck to across the board

It's not a City thing its not a long term plan in place either its probably a month by month thing the EPL have already stated that the best outcome is different winners, you don't need to be a genius to see what's going on

When you here about The far east betting syndicates that is a trojan horse IMO to distract us from THE reality of what is really going on

I've said about the NBA in America they control the referees in that sport because they employ them they also want different winners year after year, the same is happening here in our football in the premiere league and its basically ruined the game

I also agree that the football seems to be a secondary thing as its now all about brand and money 1st

Last edited:
For things to improve the power PiGMOL hold has to be taken away and transparency of the decision making clearly heard by the public.

It's quite straightforward for the cunts to affect outcomes unchallenged atm.

Idiots (media or otherwise) trying to justify that Rasford was not interfering with play
If he wasn't on the pitch, this would be Edersons ball

Not interfering my arse

50972-613b35e6bd81114dabecd3845b09c2cb.jpg

Bent bastards!

The worst thing about today’s farcical officiating for me is not that we were robbed of point(s) or that we lost to United (though, both are bad, mind).

The worst aspect—and perhaps a “happy consequence” for those behind the incredibly suspect officiating in our matches as of late—is that it makes me feel like a dupe.

You start questioning whether you are an idiot for continually wanting to watch us play whilst trying to ignore the increasing evidence that the league are trying to manipulate outcomes to ensure they have a different winner this season.

And before the usual suspects come out and accuse me of proclaiming a complete and total conspiracy against City, I don’t think it is specifically against us because we are Manchester City. Nor do I think the manipulation is present in every match or every decision. But I do think it is becoming increasingly apparent that the league want to “protect the product” and they don’t want a club—in this case us—dominating for long periods of time in the modern iteration of the competition and so they’ll do what they can to attempt to prevent that (with varying degrees of success).

And only an idiot watches the WWE thinking it is a real wrestling match, right?

It’s begun to really hamper my enjoyment of watching us and football in general.

I have always thought that the premier league was no different to other football competitions in the world and that match fixing or manipulation has been present for decades. But it was more one-off and to do with gambling and individual dodgy situations. It wasn’t systematic.

But it is genuinely starting to feel more designed and comprehensive as the seasons have gone on. Not just against us, but with other clubs, as well, to aid the league’s cash cow clubs (PL and FA executives have even come out and said it is not good for the brand to have the most globally followed clubs not winning things).

I may be in the minority, and I know I am opening myself to all manner of abuse with this thread, but I felt it was worth sharing, as maybe others are feeling the same way.

Football has absolutely changed since I was a lad, don’t think there is good faith argument to the contrary. But the last few years it has seemingly gone the way of pure entertainment rather than at least sport for entertainment.

The drama is now the main product; the football is secondary. Broadcasters, social media, and certain clubs have ensured that transition in my opinion. I am actually starting to think a few of them see the actual football games as a bit of a hinderance to the product at this point. The drama is more profitable than the goals.

Maybe I am wrong and have just become jaded. Perhaps I just need to take a break for awhile, and regain hopefully the love I have lost.

Am I completely by myself here?
I may stand in the minority, but I really liked the time control in the World Cup. Let's take today for an example; 5 extra minutes? (Not accurate but I will continue) United made 3 subs into added time that took 2 minutes. In the 95th minute, De Gea sat on the ball for a minute for a weird situation that nobody knew whether the game was halted or not. Atwell ran over at some point. I think the game finished on 95:20?

They don’t show VAR decisions on the big screens at any ground.

May as well not have any big screens anywhere, they’re just glorified scoreboards.
im not saying they do im saying i find it odd lol i dont think i worded it right lol

I had a Season Ticket on and off when I could afford one up until 1995 when I had a young family. When we went down to tier 3 in 1998 I got a Season Ticket again as I thought the club needed every fan it could get. Little did I know how many would turn up for that first home game against Blackpool. I’ve had a season ticket ever since.

Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep have delivered things we daren’t even dream about back then. But the fact is we are at a party we were never invited to. The constant sniping from main stream media and creative rule introductions and their interpretations both on and off the pitch make it clear. The Scum, Dippers, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Milan’s and Juve must be worshipped. I first had it confirmed in 2017 when PSG stuffed Barcelona in the first leg of a Champions League tie, only to see the fancy officiating at The Nou Camp for a Barcelona 6-1 which was embarrassing.

I can’t carry on giving my energy to a corrupt sport. How much would I save on Season Tickets, satellite subscriptions and online betting on their corrupt product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.