Ticket Prices

IF you have a citizens ticket you get a £5 off ticket, but they need to change the prices as families wont be going at those prices

I deferred this year but actually attended the Norwich game as a one off to appease my daughter's pestering. The day involved a 5 hour return car trip, chaos upon arrival due to car park closures, chaos at the South Stand due to morons wanting people to empty their pockets in a monsoon even though they know everyone of us and now google track our every movement and purchase. The whole club sucks from top to bottom and accessibility and affordability for any new fan is almost impossible unless his parents or relatives are already fans and have good income. In short our club as we once knew has been stolen from us to be the lead brand in a money making franchise. The football is secondary to the balance sheet, whilst the fan experience is an irrelevance. I'm surprised it took me so long to see it but the reality is we count for nothing. In fact I've said it before, that unless you are spending extra cash and fulfilling their business agenda you are almost an inconvenience. There's a reason the campus is now cash free and we have digital ticketing with all aspects being tracked and controlled by analytics and it's for CFG profits and business planning, not as these arseholes would want us to believe, our convenience.

In contrast, tonight I am attending a non league game on impulse. They don't yet know I'm coming and even when I pay cash they won't know who I am. If I have a drink it will be from a paper cup that I can't eat and they'll never know that I bought it. Whether I go again will be my choice and I can guarantee that whilst there that if the referee awards a goal I can cheer or boo in confidence. I won't have to suffer the taking a knee publicity stunt and I can guarantee that not seeing the players carry out this insane act will not subsequently make me a racist.

In short, I hope to experience just some of the feelings that once made me love football rather than those that I currently feel whilst attending City that, on the contrary, make me hate it.

I did the same and feel the same.

I wasn't going to defer so tried calling over the summer. Wasted my time, got no answer so emailed with a hospitality enquiry and hey presto, 3 emails over 4 days. Very responsive. Falling over themselves.

Fact is I can't see a thing from the club that shows they actually give a toss. Fan engagement is non existent - ESL was testament to that. Empty platitudes now and again but sod all changes.

The matchday experience is driven by people based on profiles and avatars drawn up by the Creatives. Lovely soft focus videos and drone shots but clearly they've never tried to buy a pint off an underpaid and untrained staff member on level 3.

I've never felt more detached from the club I once called home.

I agree, get as many seats occupied as possible, but not at the cost of bringing less total gate receipts in. The club won't go with that unless they're feeling particularly generous.

Not sure why you're telling me what to do when I can't go though but well done on always attending.

Thanks. I didn’t say I always attended, but that my seat is always occupied.

All the best with getting some money back, you tight git!

Thanks. I didn’t say I always attended, but that my seat is always occupied.

All the best with getting some money back, you tight git!
I think you're missing the point of my argument. I'm not bothered about getting my money back and in any case I do give away my seat if somebody wants it. We're talking about how to fill empty seats but your suggestion is to sell individual game seats at a lower, much lower, price than seasoncard holders pay. Now you and I are in agreement that we don't care about it, but I would argue many people would and if they found a way to get their seat cheaper, for example selling their seat on the exchange then buying it back, they would do. Or they'll ditch the seasoncards and buy ad-hoc potentially causing more empty seats. Human nature. I will add that when I was skint and couldn't afford games, I never expected to be able to buy seats cheaper on average than what a season ticket holder paid per game and I don't think people will have changed on that since. Therefore the adult prices are about right if comparing to seasoncard prices. You could therefore argue that both the match tickets and seasoncards need to be reduced but that's a weak argument when the club are already selling a high percentage every game.

Just checked ticket prices for Arsenal, adult prices 50-80 quid, and juniors equally obscenely priced, whoever's is setting the prices should be ashamed, I wouldn't blame any non season ticket holder who doesn't bother.

Been saying it for years that our individual ticket prices are an increasing disgrace, particularly league fixtures, and here we are.

We've been like a boiling frog.

I think you're missing the point of my argument. I'm not bothered about getting my money back and in any case I do give away my seat if somebody wants it. We're talking about how to fill empty seats but your suggestion is to sell individual game seats at a lower, much lower, price than seasoncard holders pay. Now you and I are in agreement that we don't care about it, but I would argue many people would and if they found a way to get their seat cheaper, for example selling their seat on the exchange then buying it back, they would do. Or they'll ditch the seasoncards and buy ad-hoc potentially causing more empty seats. Human nature. I will add that when I was skint and couldn't afford games, I never expected to be able to buy seats cheaper on average than what a season ticket holder paid per game and I don't think people will have changed on that since. Therefore the adult prices are about right if comparing to seasoncard prices. You could therefore argue that both the match tickets and seasoncards need to be reduced but that's a weak argument when the club are already selling a high percentage every game.

I do agree with a lot of that. My initial suggestion was to sell-off tickets just before kickoff. If fans want to queue up for tickets that may be available that would ensure seats are sold. No guarantee for anyone about anything. Purely down to chance. This would allow still allow ticket exchange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.