Ticket Prices

I guess in the clubs eyes it’s value for money. They have the best brand of football in the league.
All clubs charge what they think they can get away with and unfortunately the wealthier fan will spend more on food, drink and merchandise.
It’s tough on the loyal blues who have been priced out but it’s a buisness and they will squeeze every last drop they can. Match day fans only represent a small part of our clubs income nowadays.

Here we go, someone slagging City who knows fuck all.

Prices are expensive but ours are no dearer than any other top club.

A Junior Cityzen membership costs £20, and for that the child gets a welcome pack of gifts but importantly £5 off I think half a dozen games.

I paid £27 for a 12 year old to go this Saturday, a lot yes but you're telling me the Rags and Dippers charge a lot less than that for what is a very good seat against Arsenal?

The fault is with football in general not City.
It is you who knows fuck all pal. Liverpool charge £9 in all areas of the stadium for all games for kids, United are cheaper than us as well. In fact both those clubs are cheaper than City across the board for general admission tickets now. Do some research before slagging people off who just want the club to be fairer.

No point listing your season ticket in SSL3 because you’re simply not going to sell it at those prices. I’ve wondered where they get these pricing structures from before and I’d love for somebody to explain it to me.
The cynic in me thinks City would rather fill SSL1 & SSL2 for tv & give SSL3 fans who have great price tickets a nudge to attend more.

I did say write back when SS3 was opened that people would pick & chose games and I was shouted down. Don't know what the answer is but I certainly don't want a price rise.

The cynic in me thinks City would rather fill SSL1 & SSL2 for tv & give SSL3 fans who have great price tickets a nudge to attend more.

I did say write back when SS3 was opened that people would pick & chose games and I was shouted down. Don't know what the answer is but I certainly don't want a price rise.
The season before last they had said that season ticket holders had to attend a minimum amount of games or the ticket might be taken off them. Obviously everything fell on its arse before the season finished. I’ve know idea whether that still stands to be honest but if you made the match tickets more reasonable then you’d be able to say attend 15 matches with your season ticket or buy on a match by match basis.

Here we go - someone slagging off a City fan and accusing him of knowing fuck all. The thing is pal it is you who knows fuck all.

You might be happy paying £27 for your 12 year old but it is 3 times more expensive than at Liverpool. They charge £9 for a kid in any seat in any block except corporate.

Meanwhile City take the piss. Simple.
Didn't say I was happy mate did I!
It's a treat and I've taken the opportunity to get an extra ticket close to my ST.

City do plenty of offers during the season, £1 or £5 whatever for kids, that's when you take your kids.

Trouble is fans expect world class players with brings high wages. Can't expect to pay a couple of quid to watch every match

It's football's problem.

You can't have 40 odd thousands season tickets holders paying a lot more than the casual fan. Season tickets sales would plummet!

It is you who knows fuck all pal. Liverpool charge £9 in all areas of the stadium for all games for kids, United are cheaper than us as well. In fact both those clubs are cheaper than City across the board for general admission tickets now. Do some research before slagging people off who just want the club to be fairer.
Easier said than done researching other Clubs prices without setting up accounts.

That Liverpool price you quote, how many strings attached to that. The ground would literally be full of kids and not the tourists and middle age blokes from all over the UK that latched onto the Dippers in the 70's & 80's.

My original response was a bit harsh, I apologise. Everything seems harsh when put in writing.

However, I will not slag City off for everything they do when I know there are ways and means of getting a bargain.
If a game seems highly priced then you have a choice., don't buy and wait for the next.

Just comparing ticket prices for the Arsenal game. My S/T is an over 65 and works out at £16.05 per match. My daughter sits next to me and hers works out at £28.68 per match. Her boyfriend who usually works Saturdays is off this week so has bought one in the row in front of us. It was £53. Shows what good value season tickets are.

Didn't say I was happy mate did I!
It's a treat and I've taken the opportunity to get an extra ticket close to my ST.

City do plenty of offers during the season, £1 or £5 whatever for kids, that's when you take your kids.

Trouble is fans expect world class players with brings high wages. Can't expect to pay a couple of quid to watch every match

It's football's problem.

You can't have 40 odd thousands season tickets holders paying a lot more than the casual fan. Season tickets sales would plummet!

Adult ST price for Family Stand L1 is £545 and U18 price is £135. So for 1 adult and 1 child a total of £680 or £35.79pg if attended 19 games.

Adult matchday price for Family Stand L1 is now £50 adult and £30 U18 = £80 for the casual fan. So that's a big differential of £45 more for matchday rather than ST. Plenty of room for discount IMO.

City use "elastic" pricing. The week before last 95% of the ground was £60+ for adult matchday and £40+ for U18 (and reduced to £50/£30 last week in some places).
So then you were looking at a difference of £65+ for 1 adult + 1 child. That really is taking the piss IMO.

Yes, I understand City do the big discounts from time to time and particularly for domestic cups. It's great to see nearly a full house for example for a FA Cup tie against a lower side. I think that's brilliant. I also know we have a great range of ST prices compared to the other bigger clubs.

But I continue to think City are taking the piss with matchday prices.

Some interesting data here, these are the prices in 1980 ...
3rQ7hHX1l9N6nTLq7F6RzPge7p-IfzhWjAdMRcpv6Zk.jpg

City almost the cheapest season ticket in the whole 4 divisions.

Applying avg wage increase rates to those prices and we should be charging about £12.50 for a seat now. Rags should be £15.50 and the dippers £19.25. Of course we're now top dog in terms of success out of those 3 so I wouldn't object to £19.25!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.