Ticket Prices

They've reduced some tickets to £40 in my stand but left the ticket exchange tickets at full price £52! nice!

They've reduced some tickets to £40 in my stand but left the ticket exchange tickets at full price £52! nice!
You obviously assume CFG give a fuck about seasoncard holder contentment! They don't, simple as that. A few years ago I listed my daughter's seasoncard for the United game on ticket exchange. I wanted it to go to a genuine City fan rather than me drag a day tripper along myself. I tried to see the seat listed but got an email immediately saying it was sold, so just assumed a matchday member had been really fortunate and got it no sooner had it been listed, for about £50! How naive I had been was proved when the bloke in the seat next to me on game day had spent £200 to buy the seat in some half arsed 'corporate' Pie and a Pint deal at the CFA before he was give a free programme and made walk over the bridge to find his seat in SS3!

That's your Manchester City for you. A money making, gimmick generating machine; nothing else.

Whether it be Latte filled edible cups, digital tickets, a cashless club with purchase tracking, that ridiculous 3rd strip with 'MAN CITY' written across it, that is a genuine attempt to disassociate our geographic location from the brand (We have seen it with CFG), City Circle, those ridiculous statues of Kompany and Silva, that are simply pathetic, ask yourself this: Out of that small list above, how many genuine Manchester City fans would think any of those a bigger priority over affordability and access for new fans and old fans alike? We seldom if ever fill our stadium completely and yet we still cannot grasp there is something wrong with pricing and access.

Just how could a where would a 12 year old child from a relatively poor background go about gaining access to our stadium? A better than average smartphone with NFC, access to a credit/debit card, a working printer at home, the initial £30 or so to become a member entitled to purchase a ticket, just so many hurdles it's criminal. For me the club is long gone and I think I am not alone. There must be thousands who are feeling an ever increasing disconnect and the realisation that CFG aren't really bothered about how you feel or what you think.

You obviously assume CFG give a fuck about seasoncard holder contentment! They don't, simple as that. A few years ago I listed my daughter's seasoncard for the United game on ticket exchange. I wanted it to go to a genuine City fan rather than me drag a day tripper along myself. I tried to see the seat listed but got an email immediately saying it was sold, so just assumed a matchday member had been really fortunate and got it no sooner had it been listed, for about £50! How naive I had been was proved when the bloke in the seat next to me on game day had spent £200 to buy the seat in some half arsed 'corporate' Pie and a Pint deal at the CFA before he was give a free programme and made walk over the bridge to find his seat in SS3!

That's your Manchester City for you. A money making, gimmick generating machine; nothing else.

Whether it be Latte filled edible cups, digital tickets, a cashless club with purchase tracking, that ridiculous 3rd strip with 'MAN CITY' written across it, that is a genuine attempt to disassociate our geographic location from the brand (We have seen it with CFG), City Circle, those ridiculous statues of Kompany and Silva, that are simply pathetic, ask yourself this: Out of that small list above, how many genuine Manchester City fans would think any of those a bigger priority over affordability and access for new fans and old fans alike? We seldom if ever fill our stadium completely and yet we still cannot grasp there is something wrong with pricing and access.

Just how could a where would a 12 year old child from a relatively poor background go about gaining access to our stadium? A better than average smartphone with NFC, access to a credit/debit card, a working printer at home, the initial £30 or so to become a member entitled to purchase a ticket, just so many hurdles it's criminal. For me the club is long gone and I think I am not alone. There must be thousands who are feeling an ever increasing disconnect and the realisation that CFG aren't really bothered about how you feel or what you think.
Good attempt RAG

Both my lads, 20 and 22, have bought tickets for the game tomorrow. First time they've ever bought their own tickets. Both work, both think it's worth £30/£40 to see the Champions of England.
Must be loaded! Wait till they've got 2 kids and big mortgage theyll soon be buying iptv for the illegal streams

I've got loads of mates that live in North Manchester that used to have season tickets for 15-20 years in the late 80s - early noughties and they haven't been in the ground for 10 years plus because of regular match day prices. Most of them are unskilled workers and receive minimum wage so £40-50 for a one off game is crazy (25% of their weekly wage in some cases)

Infact they think I'm very well off for having a season ticket ha)

Thought they hadn't been unveiled yet, how do you know they are ridiculous?
Where have you been this week? If the leaked pictures are of the real statues then they are ridiculous, and as I posted earlier more gimmick than substance. Statues have been made for thousands of years, with many still standing now, and almost all recognisable as who is the subject. For some utterly bizarre reason, these have been made with what looks like perforated recycled scrap and will be a rusted mess in no time at all. Just like that B for Bang eyesore that had to be removed for safety reasons, a metal structure that will stand outside is not really the most suitable or long term way to commemorate club icons.

Where have you been this week? If the leaked pictures are of the real statues then they are ridiculous, and as I posted earlier more gimmick than substance. Statues have been made for thousands of years, with many still standing now, and almost all recognisable as who is the subject. For some utterly bizarre reason, these have been made with what looks like perforated recycled scrap and will be a rusted mess in no time at all. Just like that B for Bang eyesore that had to be removed for safety reasons, a metal structure that will stand outside is not really the most suitable or long term way to commemorate club icons.

your a cheerful soul, I am missing tommorow as helping my daughter with a little business I have set up for her. May be missing quite a few this season. All tickets given away today. Will watch on tv. Still raw from last weeks horrific experience!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I was in charge of the b of the bang construction! Not my finest hour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.