Toni Kroos

According to reports(M Blackburn) his agent is simply using the,not very original,tactic of throwing our name into the equation so as to gain an improved contract at Real.

I've been thinking about this (the idea that his agent is trying to get him a pay rise at Madrid) and I don't buy it. Let me tell you why. Firstly, his contract runs until 2020 so he can't strong arm Madrid into a new deal this summer. Secondly, he's their highest paid player after Bale & Ronaldo and they won't move him onto the sort of money those two are on. Thirdly, this isn't a City 'denial'. Martin was very careful in what he tweeted and he says as far as he's aware it's agent talk but that Pep likes the player. It's not the same as the Pogba/Aubamayang denials which were categorical across several journalists and papers.

So Kroos's agent has contacted M Blackburn to inform him my client Toni Kroos is only using City as a bargaining tool.....I know your a respected journalist so please keep this to yourself ....

That exactly how I imagine it went :)

1. We don't work that way.
2. You really need to stop reading and believing everything in the media.
Are we not able to match wages with Real?

Also, if we didn't speculate on what the media says this whole message board would be shit. Thats what makes this place fun. No shit the media makes up a lot of things for a story. What are we supposed to do though? Sit here silently and keep refreshing the man city official website all summer long?

I've been thinking about this (the idea that his agent is trying to get him a pay rise at Madrid) and I don't buy it. Let me tell you why. Firstly, his contract runs until 2020 so he can't strong arm Madrid into a new deal this summer. Secondly, he's their highest paid player after Bale & Ronaldo and they won't move him onto the sort of money those two are on. Thirdly, this isn't a City 'denial'. Martin was very careful in what he tweeted and he says as far as he's aware it's agent talk but that Pep likes the player. It's not the same as the Pogba/Aubamayang denials which were categorical across several journalists and papers.
Yep,fair points,as are the ones above.

Hope its nonsense.

It would be great for us if he does have a wage dispute with Real - that's how the rags picked up Di Maria - Perez refused to give him a pay rise so he asked to leave.

Kroos might end up forcing his way out if he demands more than he's on now.

Also, if we didn't speculate on what the media says this whole message board would be shit. Thats what makes this place fun. No shit the media makes up a lot of things for a story. What are we supposed to do though? Sit here silently and keep refreshing the man city official website all summer long?
Stating as fact the wages our players are on, based on online and social media 'reports' isn't speculation though.

Matching wages under a different tax structure can be more costly. I know Spain isn't as generous as it was but Madrid have always been buggers when it comes to tax friendly deals. It probably costs a lot more gross here, to leave a player with the net they want. Then rhere are the knock on effects on the club salary structure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.