Two faced city fans

As a 51 year old who witnessed the real hooligan moments at Millwall in 87 and Cardiff in 94, II understand the arguments about segregation. I also remember reading about trouble at the swamp a few years ago, when it transpired that a lot of United Season Ticket holders were actually Celtic fans living in England (not a problem until United played Celtic in the Chimps League).

However, as I get older, I see things a little differently, especially, with so many Germans and Italians working locally or studying at Manchester University.

It’s no secret that many City fans aren’t bothered about this competition, so would you rather we just have an exclusive membership scheme so that only City fanatics can buy tickets?

Perhaps, we should be looking at those people who only attend Premier League games, rather than a few boisterous Borussia, or Juventus fans, who’ve simply come to support their team?

I don't mind being in and around away fans as long as they respect the fact that they are in the home end.

The only exception I have is for the fans of teams I cannot stand. So for BMG no issue. However, rags and any others (eg Bayern Munich) for whom there is a high degree of mutual dislike - they have no place in the home fans sections.

PSG in the home ends would be interesting (although I don't go anymore so won't see it unlike the last time we played them)

Don't get this half and half hatred

The only fans who buy them are tourists or people who are attending their first game...as a keepsake

It's not like it's regular match going fans
Yeah, fair enough. It does make it difficult sometimes to manage segregation, which was the other part of my post. I certainly wouldn't buy one myself from those at the gates judging by the bag I found of thrown-away Roma/City scarves from last season - very poor quality. But each to their own, I suppose.

As a few people, like myself stated throughout the thread, it didn't kick off because they were singing, or because they were cheering. It kicked off because they were all being dicks trying to threaten and intimidate City fans who were in their own section! I got into the ground for 6:30 and was with one other English person. Because I was organising the banners and flags in 115 the hundreds of Germans on the concourse were already trying to intimidate me. Then 15 mins before kick off when they were out numbered they all fucked off to the seats, proper shithouse mentality.

When it kicked off, one Borussia fan jumped on to his chair, started climbing up the stand pointing at a City fan who he obviously wanted a scrap with. He got to an aisle with a couple of kids on, probably 10 years old, by which point the rest of the city fans intervened. His mates obviously tried to stick up for him but it was stupid, by this point, everyone's fuming, police are no where to be seen and it starts going off. They weren't just in the home end cheering, they were in the home end intimidating young children and innocent football fans who were sat in the correct area! If they'd acted in a civilized way nothing would have happened, but they provoked us!

I was in the home end in Borussia, with about 500 other blues (because our club sold us tickets there) there was no fighting but there were a lot of them trying to intimidate us there as well, so I'm not having it that they all sit together singing kum ba yah. You put any, non Dortmund fan in the yellow wall and they'd get leathered. Remember these fans were in 115, our singing section, not the family stand!

On a completely different subject though, you've done well moving from Chorlton to Innsbruck, probably the nicest place I've ever been too!

I must admit, I started reading this thread quite late on, and couldn't be arsed going through every page. So I've made the classic error of not getting the full story. I had no idea that the Borussia fans were threatening Blues, rather just read/understood that plenty of Blues weren't happy with them being in our end. Please accept my apologies!

I must admit, I started reading this thread quite late on, and couldn't be arsed going through every page. So I've made the classic error of not getting the full story. I had no idea that the Borussia fans were threatening Blues, rather just read/understood that plenty of Blues weren't happy with them being in our end. Please accept my apologies!

It was a mixture of both. Some City fans were annoyed by the bad behaviour of some BMG fans. Other City fans were annoyed at BMG fans for behaving in a way that would be considered normal in Germany (eg cheering when they scored) but is frowned upon in this country where there is a convention that any away fans in the home end maintain a low profile.

It was a mixture of both. Some City fans were annoyed by the bad behaviour of some BMG fans. Other City fans were annoyed at BMG fans for behaving in a way that would be considered normal in Germany (eg cheering when they scored) but is frowned upon in this country where there is a convention that any away fans in the home end maintain a low profile.

I know, mate. I had the misfortune of being in the Stretford End once for a derby. Perhaps I'm just a romantic and would love to see us all enjoy the game together, and getting pissed together before, during and after a game.

Hello Guys, im a borussia supporter and was at the game which i watched in block 117.
at first, sorry for my english, its not perfect.

i try to show you the side of view from borussia fans.
in germany it is unimaginable to have the home block directly in the near to the away block. i still cant understand which idiot had this idea to handle it like this.
mancity could sell 6000 tickets for the borussia supporters, they only get 3000, so the rest try to get tickets on other ways in other blocks.i think the most supporters,inclusive me, couldnt imagine that we are in the home area where the "hardcore" city fans are, because it ist totally stupid to put the home block near the away block.
when away supporters are in the home block at our "borussia park" it would escalate like at the game on tuesday. our away block ist on the opposite from our home block, so you cant get problems like that.
in germany it is normal to buy tickets in the near of the away block when you want to support your team and the away tickets are sold out. and so it happenend that many borussia supporter were in the city blocks.
when the 1:1 was scored and we celebrate, few rows in front of me city fans fighted other borussia fans. in the row behind me, a really big guy spitted at a friend of mine,gaved him a slap und shouted at us "youre fuckin bastards". i can understand that, maybe in our home block it would be the same. we left the block und watched the game from inside the stadium till halftime begans. in the halftime, some borussia fans, maybe 50, stand in the near from the fence of the away block, between us and the 300 singing city fans "Why the fuck they´re still here" (or something like that) stand only 6-8 police men. the situation was nearly to escalate, then someone opened the fence and we could go in the away block.

i hope it is easier for you to understand why some things happened so.
good luck for the next games.

bye

Hello Guys, im a borussia supporter and was at the game which i watched in block 117.
at first, sorry for my english, its not perfect.

i try to show you the side of view from borussia fans.
in germany it is unimaginable to have the home block directly in the near to the away block. i still cant understand which idiot had this idea to handle it like this.
mancity could sell 6000 tickets for the borussia supporters, they only get 3000, so the rest try to get tickets on other ways in other blocks.i think the most supporters,inclusive me, couldnt imagine that we are in the home area where the "hardcore" city fans are, because it ist totally stupid to put the home block near the away block.
when away supporters are in the home block at our "borussia park" it would escalate like at the game on tuesday. our away block ist on the opposite from our home block, so you cant get problems like that.
in germany it is normal to buy tickets in the near of the away block when you want to support your team and the away tickets are sold out. and so it happenend that many borussia supporter were in the city blocks.
when the 1:1 was scored and we celebrate, few rows in front of me city fans fighted other borussia fans. in the row behind me, a really big guy spitted at a friend of mine,gaved him a slap und shouted at us "youre fuckin bastards". i can understand that, maybe in our home block it would be the same. we left the block und watched the game from inside the stadium till halftime begans. in the halftime, some borussia fans, maybe 50, stand in the near from the fence of the away block, between us and the 300 singing city fans "Why the fuck they´re still here" (or something like that) stand only 6-8 police men. the situation was nearly to escalate, then someone opened the fence and we could go in the away block.

i hope it is easier for you to understand why some things happened so.
good luck for the next games.

bye

Best post of the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.