United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

It really wasn't that bad. Just got in from the game and can't believe the hysterical reactions on here.

It’s the fact we lost to that shite again. I can understand it, I had a mixture of emotions at the final whistle but on reflection we was just missing a killer touch in front of goal.

yup

Otto needs to be out, and i really struggle with Gundogan (though i get others really like him)

Mahrez has good games and bad ones...tonight was the latter and he was awful

sterling off for a while but we shouldnt be looking to get rid of him (unless we got a ridiculous offer for him and we could use the money to buy two very good players)
Can I ask, were you at the game?

The result was almost predictable. Vast majority of possession, miss load of chances. Opposition score from rare chances. Sound familiar? We're light years ahead of the rags yet they win the game[meaningless as it is].... I think that under Pep that's what you get with the style of football he wants to play. Sometimes you're going to hammer teams ,and infrequently teams are are gonna nick one, given the quality of the Premiership. We play the best football in the league but Liverpool play the most effective football. The Rags fart about living off past glories but are still capable of[,like any teams in this league] ,winning games they shouldn't. However, I'm not complaining given what I've watched over the last 50 years.

It’s the performance tonight that’s being criticised not the result.
Nothing that wrong with the performance that a few minor tweaks won’t improve. Had Aguero scored early doors it’s a different game. Had Sterling and Silva also scored then it’s not a problem. Tonight was about getting to the final whatever way necessary which we did. I am delighted with getting to the final and you can expect a totally different team on Sunday and performance. People need to sit back, take some deep breaths and enjoy the journey.

That was absolutely appalling when their defender gifted it to Sterling five yards out and he inexplicably passed it to Silva who totally fucked things up. We really have a phobia about taking first time shots, it's as though we have to get the ball on the goal line to score, infuriating doesn't come in to it.
How about it was Silva who didn’t shoot and then passed to Gundogan. Did you watch the game

Static as we reach yet another final?

Holding the club back as he leads us to yet another final?

Is spice going around on here tonight or what?

how you can think we are progressing as a team is beyond me. The worst Utd manager & team just beat us & tactically beat pep for the 2nd time this season not to mention other teams this season.

we are slow & not playing kids who deserve a place in the team. we can all say we should win by 5 but pep picks the players who are not delivering week after week as our future sit on the bench & we are not winning games we should be.

we have zero defence yet make no signings in January. Madness

nobody knows if pep is staying & if he does it’s only for 1 year so again not really much we can do in that time & I can’t see the club spending what’s required to catch Liverpool whilst other teams improve.

this season has been a shambles at times it’s only down to other clubs like Utd, Chelsea’s & arsenal not planning for their future we are guaranteed top 4.

if we still rely on the majority of this team next season I think we are all in for a shock.

pep has been a dream for city but he either stays for 2/3 years or goes. he/we as a club can not wait or run this team further into the ground. We will end up just like Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal when he goes if we do.

city have already allowed Liverpool to take over for not planning for kompany, fern, silva & Aguero. Pls don’t say Jesus he’s good but not a world star player that we need. Foden not getting the games, rodders no fern but good.

it’s been an amazing few years but that doesn’t mean we should accept 2nd place or allow a team go stale like we are depending on what a manager is going to do next.

I hope to god pep stays for 5 years but I don’t see any planning he’s here next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.