United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just spent the evening chatting with Andy Mitten - quite a nice lad actually.

With city going for Kane and Chelsea seemingly keen on going for Lukaku, do we need to worry about United going for Haaland next year? I'd rather miss out on Kane this year and get Haaland next. Them getting him would make them serious challengers imo

With city going for Kane and Chelsea seemingly keen on going for Lukaku, do we need to worry about United going for Haaland next year? I'd rather miss out on Kane this year and get Haaland next. Them getting him would make them serious challengers imo
Kane is short-term and will have almost zero resale value. Haaland is long-term and will have a high resale value even if the rags mess him up a bit.
The rags dropped lots of points against mid and lower table clubs. Signing flat track bullies will make them contenders, especially if the eventual champions win it with as few points as we did last season.
According to several dozen know-nowts they have been shit since winning the title in 2013. Yet they've finished second or third regularly and only missed the CL on a couple of occasions. It wouldn't surprise me if they have the second highest PL points total over the past ten seasons.
You can accredit many of those points to VAR and refs sponsored by Specsavers, but that element will always be in their favour.

Kane is short-term and will have almost zero resale value. Haaland is long-term and will have a high resale value even if the rags mess him up a bit.
The rags dropped lots of points against mid and lower table clubs. Signing flat track bullies will make them contenders, especially if the eventual champions win it with as few points as we did last season.
According to several dozen know-nowts they have been shit since winning the title in 2013. Yet they've finished second or third regularly and only missed the CL on a couple of occasions. It wouldn't surprise me if they have the second highest PL points total over the past ten seasons.
You can accredit many of those points to VAR and refs sponsored by Specsavers, but that element will always be in their favour.
Know what you mean but let’s concentrate on the present and we need a world class striker. Kane will take some beating in terms of goals in this league and possibly even assists. 4 years and 100 and odd goals is very likely from Kane so I wouldn’t be calling that short term, he’s not Cavani. Get what you’re saying about resale but we don’t tend to sell our best players anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.