United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the match in Towyn yesterday in pub full of rags. I heard a scouser say I like that kit then he asked if he could sit between me and rags. I noticed he had a Rag crest on his leg. I said to him how the fuck did you start supporting them which he replied " my mum's family is the Masseys do you know them" Any how a bit later he was at the bar and at 4 nil I said to him " hey mate I have a solution for that tattoo on yer leg, you can chop your leg off . Having one leg isn't as bad as supporting that shower of shite "
Rags could not look at me in the eye the soft twats
Thought yer were gonna say that he could get a game anywhere in the Rag team from goalie to striker!

Their fans sound confident of getting de Jong. Reckon there's a deal in place.

Hope it's bollocks.

The United Stand is the new AFTV News, or was it Arsenal Fan TV?
Just what they need - another play who isn't bothered about being there.

They'll continue to blame the Glazers yet want a player who doesn't want to play for them. Can you imagine Pep or Klopp trying to persuade a player like that?

I had a feeling Ten Hag wouldn't last the season but I'm starting to re-evaluate my timescales and then they'll move to a different style of manager who won't be able to use a midget centre half and they'll go off again, buying more players at random.

It's often said that Pep got rid of Hart for footballing reasons, and he clearly couldn't have played how he wanted, but I think it was more than that. The players mutinied under Mancini and downed tools for Pellegrini, even before Pep was announced. I think they'd become powerful and there was a few of them who felt they were bigger than the manager. Pep needed and wanted to show who was in charge and who the club would back. Hart was the initial casualty of that, but it's been clear since that if you step out of that group ethic, complain about not playing etc, you'll be out of the team.

It was the same for the Rags when Taggart was in charge. And they'll continue to rot until they actually work out who's in charge both in terms of manager and players, transfers, directors of football and Taggart sat in the stands telling anyone who'll buy him a whiskey what the manager is doing wrong. May he live to be 150!

Something else he doesn't understand. United still invest plenty of money, that isn't the problem. The problem is that the club is fronted by accountants appointed by the Glazers with no football experience and in the background, you have history men who perpetuate the "the United way" mantra. They are going nowhere until that changes. The place needs a clear out: Ferguson, Gill, Fletcher, McLaren et al out. CEO accountants out. Appoint real football men from this decade to help Ten Hag rebuild the team over three years, replacing all the ones who can never play his style with actual footballers. The Glazers could do that if they had any clue. It doesn't take new owners.

I suspect that is what Rangnick concluded after his six-month "investigation". God knows why they haven't listened.
Why did they not listen? Arrogance.
The lack of football knowledge is reflected in their players contract situation. They have a load of average unsaleable players with 2,3,4 years left on top wages. No way out!
Blues sometimes complain that we sell players too cheap. Maybe, but you can’t clog up the roster in these days of ffp and sustainability rules. Txiki gets the balance just about right.

I have an undying faith that City can finish ahead of the Scousers so I don't care if the rags suffer a humiliating defeat in their next game.
On the other hand, I've had an undying faith in City for over 50 years and it's not always worked out well.
It's a win-win in some ways. It's always a good upcoming week if the Rags are mullered, de Gea conjures up another howler, and Slabhead wanders around as though he were a victim of untreated concussion. And it would be nice to hear Herr Klippity bemoaning the playing surface being too dry, too wet, too 'just right' and drop a couple of points or three into the bargain.

If the Glazer family decides to put the rags up for sale, they'll be after a minimum of £4.5B, and when looking at the Chelsea sale, maybe even more than £5B
The new owners then will inherit a piss poor squad, rotting stadium and inadequate training facilities
Meanwhile City, Chelsea, Arsenal et al are building their brands and getting much stronger competing for new generation supporters especially overseas
Who in their right mind would invest upwards of £6B on a failing business whose competitors are striding ahead!

And don't forget, the new owners will be looking for a return on their money or the value of their investmentto grow. How long will it take to even have a paper profit!

They are stuck with Uncle Malc's inbreds

We don’t know how much debt there in plus all these shares in differ brackets they have sold with different worth all dodgy money making methods! Anyone buying that club it will take months to sort out and bet 4.5b won’t be enough for the glazers

When I was at high school Utd won 4 out of 5 league titles and City were relegated twice. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined such a turn around. I was more than happy in the extreme to watch us become title contenders in our own right but to also have Utd turn to shit at the exact same time is a fantasy and dream come to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.