United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glazers have spent an absolute fortune on players.
They've nearly all turned out to be dogshite, but tbh I wonder if that is more down to the club, its culture and its attempts at coaching than it is to the players.
I reckon Pep could get a tune out of at least half the Rags' players.

Fred, Maguire, Sanchez they were all on City’s radar so Pep saw something he could work with. No player has gone to United and improved, they all regress with the chaos of coaches like Mourinho, Solksjaer and Ten Hag.

They've been done over with Mount. I never understood the hype around him. Yes, he's a good player. Not questioning that at all. But the stuff you were reading about him made you think he was Messi-like.

But good at what exactly Jim ?

They've been done over with Mount. I never understood the hype around him. Yes, he's a good player. Not questioning that at all. But the stuff you were reading about him made you think he was Messi-like.
He's one of those 'scores a few goals but shit at everything else' midfielders that always get ridiculously overpriced. The ones that give the ball away every time they don't score and take 3x the shots of the strikers they play with. Not a fan.

Well their recruitment is absolutely shocking.

It's incredible actually when you consider how many players they've brought in over the the past 5-10 years and the money spent, even the law of averages should mean you get some good signing but there's barely any.

Tent Peg is only adding to that problem too, somehow convincing the club that they should pay £90m for the likes of Antony. So even his judgement seems to be way off.

Long may it continue.
The strange thing about their recruitment is their lack of research. The stats show that Antony and Holland were average players in much weaker leagues. They will never be elite level. In addition they keep buying players on the way down in their careers like Varane and Casemiro. They are clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.