VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think VAR doesn’t work well in England check this red card 17 min in the first half of the cup final

How can that Bale goal stand after it hits Kane’s hand when the rule has been that any goal where it hits a players hand in the build up cannot stand whether it’s deliberate or not
It seems they just relaxed that rule in the last week for the sake of it
They didn't relax it for the weekend, they relax it dependent on which team it is.

I was watching the Heineken Cup rugby final yesterday.
La Rochelle player yellow carded for a high tackle.
There was a review on the large screen and you could quite clearly hear the conversation between the ref and the people in the reviewing studio.
They explained why and what they were looking for and upgraded decision to a red.
The ref called over team captain and explained reason for the change in his decision and all could still be heard. Everyone knew what was going on.
It was done so professionally in rugby's equivalent to our champions league final with the added pressure of both teams being from the same country
Ref also spoke French throughout to the players although from memory the explanation for the red was part English and part French.

How can that Bale goal stand after it hits Kane’s hand when the rule has been that any goal where it hits a players hand in the build up cannot stand whether it’s deliberate or not
It seems they just relaxed that rule in the last week for the sake of it

It doesn't - it has to immediately leads to a goalscoring opportunity. There's no way that one was 'immediate'.

It doesn't - it has to immediately leads to a goalscoring opportunity. There's no way that one was 'immediate'.
Liverpool had one ruled out away to Spurs in January when Firmino handled the ball on the halfway line, there were three more passes and then Salah scored

I’m sure there have been others where the handball comes well before the goal is scored that have been disallowed

Liverpool had one ruled out away to Spurs in January when Firmino handled the ball on the halfway line, there were three more passes and then Salah scored

I’m sure there have been others where the handball comes well before the goal is scored that have been disallowed

Fair enough - I don't recall it, but was it accidental in the same way that Kane's was? If it's considered a deliberate act, then it's handball whenever it happens.

I think they changed the rule part way through the season (which is ridiculous).

Now has to be a handball leading to a goal or assist iirc.

I think they changed the rule part way through the season (which is ridiculous).

Now has to be a handball leading to a goal or assist iirc.
Changing the rule mid-competition is scandalous. It should NEVER happen, as there are always going to be teams who have an advantage/disadvantage over others meaning that the final outcome of the competition is potentially unfair.

The results of the FSA fan survey have been released, doesn't make good reading for PGMOL and the FA and Premier League should be concerned so it'll be interesting to see if anything changes because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.