Var debate 2019/20

As much as Dermot is a complete cûnt, he does here from ref watch explain exactly why I think it was correct that the goal stood for the scum:

DERMOT SAYS: "What I need to explain is that this isn't a VAR decision, it's Martin Atkinson's decision. When it goes in the net, VAR asks whether it was offside, no, was there a handball, no, was there a foul in the build-up - and the referee is the closest person to it.

"He says no, there was a vote this morning with 50,000 people voting, about half said yes, half said no, so the VAR can't call it clear and obvious and go against the referee. I did think it was a foul, though.

"Martin waved it away, and once he does that it's out of the VAR's hands. It's such a subjective decision, such a controversial decision, someone says yes, someone says no, they can't go with it."

This infuriates me... forget the vote, 50% of plastic Rag fans voted a goal. 50% of plastic Bin Dippers fans voted no goal. VAR should be used for when a ref misses an obvious decision, which this was. Under VAR's own rules, this should have fallen under the "was there a foul in the build up"?? Answer = 100% yes. So it should have been disallowed. I see you have omitted that after Dermot said this, he then said in his opinion it was a clear foul!! He's not objective, he's part of the problem!!

Refs 100% correct so far,according to PIGMAL,So good that less than a year ago not one was selected for the World Cup.I,ll drink what they are drinking.

This infuriates me... forget the vote, 50% of plastic Rag fans voted a goal. 50% of plastic Bin Dippers fans voted no goal. VAR should be used for when a ref misses an obvious decision, which this was. Under VAR's own rules, this should have fallen under the "was there a foul in the build up"?? Answer = 100% yes. So it should have been disallowed. I see you have omitted that after Dermot said this, he then said in his opinion it was a clear foul!! He's not objective, he's part of the problem!!
Rodders was fouled in the build up to a goal the other week,var is not there for that,the ref has to take some decisions

It wasn't subjective tho.... It was clear as day. Atkinson didn't have a great view (a United player half blocked him along with Origi, who was in front of where the referee viewed the incident from), so will let him off for missing it. But from behind its clear as day!! This is exactly what VAR should be used for... A clear error that VAR picked up. It worked perfectly apart from the VAR officials at Stockley Park being scared to undermine the referee by changing an incorrect decision... Same issue as KDB, Watford incident at Tottenham, Dele Alli, etc etc etc....
It should have given as a foul all day long but I don’t care because we have had loads of shithouse decisions . And two weeks ago he hey we’re cheering VAR when they got that penalty so ha ha ha

What the fuck you on about? My post was a straight copy from the sky sports website you loon, and quite clearly has the bit where Dermot says he thought it was a foul.

Jeez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.