Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
However sad it is, I think everyone, including Vince, especially Vince, should accept that his playing days are over. Having Kompany as a part of the squad has become a constant liability. Pep definitely needs to push for a wordclass CB in January as a permanent replacement for Kompany, and as many of you have already said, he should definitely get an alternative function in the club, defense coach, ambassador, scout, whatever. But first thing that needs to happen is for Vince to get out of the denial stage. We all need to move on.

Unfortunately I think the time has come to replace King Vinnie.

He has been a great servant but no matter how hard he trys, there's always the mental issue and physical issue of his body no longer coping which is a real shame.

Let's bite the bullet and get Bonucci in the transfer window or more realistically the summer. Give Vinnie a backroom staff job as he fully deserves.

No bigger fan than me of Vinnie but I think his time is up
100% this.

Sadly I think we're entering endgame territory.

I would doubt he'll be a starter even if fully fit and still here next season.

What a guy though.

Michael Johnson didnt have that, he just didnt like playing football.

I thought when they spoke about Michael he had it in his head that he was always in pain and had little niggles? the club would send him for tests and there would would show there was nothing wrong but he was insistent that there was something? then he started putting weight on due to drinking too much?

I thought when they spoke about Michael he had it in his head that he was always in pain and had little niggles? the club would send him for tests and there would would show there was nothing wrong but he was insistent that there was something? then he started putting weight on due to drinking too much?
I know his for fact, he never really enjoyed playing football. His dad pretty much made him play, because he was an excellent player and could have done so much more. But he never really had it in his heart and i guess mentally thats a by product

Belgium have another game Sunday and I feel he needs to play in that or how on earth is Pep to even consider him in a match day squad, not knowing if he feels up to it or not. Its a horrible situation for everyone and I just hope he plays, gets 90 mins and relaxes.

Belgium have another game Sunday and I feel he needs to play in that or how on earth is Pep to even consider him in a match day squad, not knowing if he feels up to it or not. Its a horrible situation for everyone and I just hope he plays, gets 90 mins and relaxes.
Not gonna happen I fear, Martinez said he'd be "surprised if Kompany would get fit for the game on Sunday".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.