whoever scouted Boateng

Freestyler said:
don't like him, awful defender, theres more fight in my cat than there is in this lad.

i said it on here about 2 weeks back, i'll say it again, by far one of the worse defenders ever at giving an opposition player room and actually challenging a player, backs off all the time, at times he's not even within 10 yards of his man.

can't pass, at times hes miles out of position, not bite in him and he's massive and half the time he gets bullied.

i cringe watching him, not impressed, i give people time, but the more boateng plays hes actually getting worse.

Hmm, "by far one of the worst defenders" ? Not been watching City for too long then ??!!

With fans like this, who needs enemies ?

FFS give the lad time. He's young, playing in a different league and in a different position. The last bit is not his fault.

Calm people calm... We'll be having a go at Dzeko next.

As soon as Boateng signed I got a call from a German friend who supports Hamburg and he told me he was the REAL DEAL and that was from a guy who was underwhelmed about DeJong and Kompany. He needs time he's young and adjusting please please please can we just get behind our players and not just give them 6 months!!!

I can see the same happening with Dzeko because he is also laid back in a similar style doesn't mean they don't care or lack abilty, it will take time to adjust so trust Roberto!!

BL2blue said:
Freestyler said:
don't like him, awful defender, theres more fight in my cat than there is in this lad.

i said it on here about 2 weeks back, i'll say it again, by far one of the worse defenders ever at giving an opposition player room and actually challenging a player, backs off all the time, at times he's not even within 10 yards of his man.

can't pass, at times hes miles out of position, not bite in him and he's massive and half the time he gets bullied.

i cringe watching him, not impressed, i give people time, but the more boateng plays hes actually getting worse.

Hmm, "by far one of the worst defenders" ? Not been watching City for too long then ??!!

FFS give the lad time. He's young, playing in a different league and in a different position. The last bit is not his fault.

Spot on, anyone with a brain can see he has talent......I give Dzeko three games before he gets it on here....

BL2blue said:
Freestyler said:

been going city since 1993 infact, seasonticket to the present day.

when i say the worse defender, if you look i'm talking bout individual things, not on the whole as a player.

his positioning is probably the worse i've seen from a RB ever at city, hes always nowhere near his man, has he ever blocked a cross? he doesn't even attempt to block it when the winger crosses it, his style and body language is so lazy to.

and once again like above, i'm all for one giving time to players, but with everygame hes getting no better, no progress, hes getting worse and its worrying.

You don't look as good as he did in the World Cup if you aren't a good player. He has it in his locker, he just needs some time.

Thought the cross that AJ missed was courtey of Boateng? If so he certainly has something it was a cracker. Would agree that he is definately not up to speed yet but at 21 from a different league having had a busy summer followed by an injury he can't really be expected to be. Lets wait a bit before judging him either way.

I'd back my own observations of a player, based on the number of years I have watched the game.

Sure, it doesn't make me an oracle, however I have an opinion based on what I have seen so far.

However, apparently I am not allowed to profess an opinion by those posters who seem to have a grievance, and take the slightest opportunity to dig.

Unlike some, I can at least critique and try to offer examples to my opinion, rather than be offensive for the sake of it.

There is nothing post-game reactionary about my OP, it is based on Boateng's games since he arrived.

For my own reasons, I feel it best to take my leave from the board for a while.

There seems to be a concerted effort by some to make my enjoyment of this site nothing but a chore in recent weeks.

Cityfan said:
Thought the cross that AJ missed was courtey of Boateng? If so he certainly has something it was a cracker. Would agree that he is definately not up to speed yet but at 21 from a different league having had a busy summer followed by an injury he can't really be expected to be. Lets wait a bit before judging him either way.

Yep, that was a fantastic ball.

As i've said from day one - he needs time. Not least that he is adjusting to a new country but also the World Cup takes its toll. Look at the list of players who participated and have been shite this season. Also those who didn't play have had a freshness, like Nani, Kompany, Nasri and Silva (barely playd)

WNRH said:
You don't look as good as he did in the World Cup if you aren't a good player. He has it in his locker, he just needs some time.
Who did he look good in the World Cup against ? He does need time though because he's making Richards look good.

WNRH said:
Who did he look good in the World Cup against ? He does need time though because he's making Richards look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.