Will Leeds United ever be a top club again?

They got 17,000 for last night game, whenever they play a night game they tend to loose 5000 plus fans from saturday games as i have mentioned a large percentage of Leeds fans who go to games aren't actually from Leeds hence the fall off for night games.

Leeds needs to improve the ground to improve revenues to enable them to compete.

As a football club they have fallen well behind the likes of Stoke, Southampton and even Swansea in terms of ground, success and support.

Under current FFP rules there is no chance Leeds United will be a top club again.

West Yorkshire Football Clubs have been left behind and the multiple, recent successes of Manchester City will ensure we are the beneficiaries to win new, young supporters, especially when transport connections to Manchester continue to be improved.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Leeds are responsible for most of my worst experiences as a supporter in the 1970's. I have no desire to go there again ever!!!
Well said that man.My very own thoughts on Leeds United.
I would suggest that is the experience of most of the older posters on here.
And that is why they are so reviled by most of the older posters on Bluemoon.

manclad said:
Leeds are responsible for most of my worst experiences as a supporter in the 1970's. I have no desire to go there again ever!!!
Hear hear.

jimharri said:
Crouchinho said:
Just because you've won stuff in the past doesn't mean you deserve it. I'd like to see the likes of Derby, Forest, Leeds back up though as they all have a decent following
Jesus H Christ; another one. Explain to me why the size of a club's crowd is a determining factor as to their league position. Please. If that was the case, we'd never have dropped down to the third tier of English league football. It's what the team does (or doesn't do) on the pitch that counts.

You explain where he said it is a "determining factor to their league position". Maybe the players on the pitch don't deserve to be in the top flight but maybe it would be nice for all those fans that go week in week out to see their club back in the Premier League.
Personally I'd like to see them come back. As I'd also like to see Forest back. I like to see the so called big clubs go down but I like to see them return at some point.

manclad said:

Leeds fans have one overarching virtue - they hate MANUre with a passion that often surpasses our own!

jayfx said:
jimharri said:
Crouchinho said:
Just because you've won stuff in the past doesn't mean you deserve it. I'd like to see the likes of Derby, Forest, Leeds back up though as they all have a decent following
Jesus H Christ; another one. Explain to me why the size of a club's crowd is a determining factor as to their league position. Please. If that was the case, we'd never have dropped down to the third tier of English league football. It's what the team does (or doesn't do) on the pitch that counts.

You explain where he said it is a "determining factor to their league position". Maybe the players on the pitch don't deserve to be in the top flight but maybe it would be nice for all those fans that go week in week out to see their club back in the Premier League.
Personally I'd like to see them come back. As I'd also like to see Forest back. I like to see the so called big clubs go down but I like to see them return at some point.
I give up. Some people obviously think the size of the crowd that Leeds get (not exactly selling out Elland Road these days) means that a place in the PL is not unwarranted. Fine; I can't be bothered repeating myself yet again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.