Will people cut the Robbie crap?

We need to get behind every player in our team!

They all have different attributes and special powers is one of these that Robbie holds

On his day he is a magician and potentialy one of the best players in the world!

I admit to being frustrated with some of his weaknesses tracking back and misplaced passed included - but lets be honest we have nobody else that can do the things he can do on his day!!

I agree with many of the posters that we need to keep him, celebrate in these great times and play him just in behind Ade to get the most out of him

oooo I love my club

CTID

KentBlue said:
I don't think calling people's views 'ignorant' just because they do not correspond to yours is a very good idea.

This is a football forum and we are all entitled to our own opinions: some see Robbie as our saviour and some see him as a luxury we can do without: neither camp is right and at the end of the day it's down to Mark Hughes to make the final decision.
Unfortunately the media in this country recognises that to sell a lot of papers throughout the country they have to pander to the rag supporters. It is estimated that there are 11M who call themselves rag fans. Talkcrap radio also recognises this and broadcasts with a rag bias against us and Liverpool.
This media onslaught unfortunately has affected some of our suppoters and their take on Elano and Robinho has been influenced by the media propaganda.
They have been praying for us to fail and any criticism of us sells more papers.
Robinho is like no other player in the premier and when fit and motivated will make the difference between us and the rest.

People who say he never tracks back obviously read tabloid pundits and never watch City games. He tracks back just as much as any other player. I have seen him cover at left back when Bridge has gone AWOL with my own eyes.

As has been pointed out, he also has the ability to tear apart defences, is a top goalscorer, and, when he's up front, he takes two defenders away from everyone else. Apart from the tracking back he actually does, a main part of his defensive duties involve our opponents sitting back because they're just too scared of what he can do to them. He takes pressure off our defenders that way. We collapsed a few times last season after he was taken off and Bellamy the King of Tracking Back took his position. That's a fact.

I actually think the overwhelming majority of City supporters would be gutted if Robbie moved on - as I said, the big problem is how do you keep a player from Barcelona. I think for any club in the world, and I mean every single club no matter whether they're the rags or AC Milan or whoever - your worst nightmare is when Barca start sniffing around your best players. We're in that position, but we are also in a position where maybe, if we lost a player like Robinho, we could afford to go out and replace him. Not many have that luxury.

Lets hope we can keep Barca at bay by asking for a price for Messi. The tough part is going to be keeping Robbie himself happy if we start haggling with them...

BillyShears said:
I actually think the overwhelming majority of City supporters would be gutted if Robbie moved on - as I said, the big problem is how do you keep a player from Barcelona. I think for any club in the world, and I mean every single club no matter whether they're the rags or AC Milan or whoever - your worst nightmare is when Barca start sniffing around your best players. We're in that position, but we are also in a position where maybe, if we lost a player like Robinho, we could afford to go out and replace him. Not many have that luxury.

Lets hope we can keep Barca at bay by asking for a price for Messi. The tough part is going to be keeping Robbie himself happy if we start haggling with them...

Agreed, if Barcelona really want Robinho then they'll get him.
I can't understand why Barcelona aren't getting done for tapping up players though, especially when it concerns Fabregas

bluemoon32 said:
BillyShears said:

I can't understand why Barcelona aren't getting done for tapping up players though, especially when it concerns Fabregas

Because the reality is the players have the power. Barca will have made it known at the beginning of this summer just gone that they wanted Fabregas. He will have discreetly informed Arsenal that he would, at some point like to join Barca - it is 110% nailed on that after the world cup Barca will pay Arsenal thirty odd million euros for him...

I think it's very very difficult in this day and age to prove "tapping up". I mean fuck, Hughes could've been accused of tapping up Terry - never mind Lescott. In the end, money talks...especially when a player wants out.

BillyShears said:
bluemoon32 said:

Because the reality is the players have the power. Barca will have made it known at the beginning of this summer just gone that they wanted Fabregas. He will have discreetly informed Arsenal that he would, at some point like to join Barca - it is 110% nailed on that after the world cup Barca will pay Arsenal thirty odd million euros for him...

I think it's very very difficult in this day and age to prove "tapping up". I mean fuck, Hughes could've been accused of tapping up Terry - never mind Lescott. In the end, money talks...especially when a player wants out.

I didn't mean to come across as if we've been innocent in tapping up players but just look at the difference in the media reaction to our chasing Terry or Lescott and Barcelona chasing Robinho or Fabregas, it makes me puke just how biased the media are when the top clubs get up to things.

Bluetrain.....spot on there, i've seen Robi do more tracking back than Petrov ever has, and he seems to be everybody's Golden Boy

I think some people forget Robinho gliding down our left flank last year and destroying teams, with only Elano and Ireland as somewhat equals. Once he gets settled with Adebayor and Tevez, he's going to be amazing. Can't wait until he's back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.