Will we ever see a top 6 side relegated?

Not current top 6, but recent champions. I think Leicester will be gone in the next year or 2.

No, it won't happen.
There are always at least 8 really poor sides in the Premier League and i can't see one of the top sides ever being shit enough to finish below those 8 sides

I think the gulf between the top half and bottom half of the PL table is bigger now than ever, the relegated teams each year are pretty poor and when they drop to the championship they don't stand out. A top 6 club would need to fall a long way to end up in trouble - that said its easy to drop into a downward spiral especially given FFP and squad rules - its much harder to spend your way out of trouble as you can only register 17 foreign players. All top 6 clubs are up against that limit, its a new dimension where 3 or 4 bad signings will hang over a club and if your paying top wage its very hard to shift them on. If you end up with a bloated squad of unhappy players then it could be very hard to turn things around - old fashioned clearouts are not an option anymore.

The Championship is a much more consistent league where outside the odd team that goes on a great run they all beat each other routinely and any top team can end up in trouble.

Did the TV money go up or down after Setanta?

It ballooned! Which leads me to think that companies are expecting a tsunami of subscriptions that I think will not be forthcoming, and how many of the subscriptions have been cancelled since, due in no small measure to the RDAHMEEDYA offering us the likes of BoreOwen, CamelGob, Danny KnowFuckAll, and the omniscient Gary Nutter as presenters! The balloon will surely pop.

Bournemouth probably the most likely especially if they lost their manager to a so called bigger team mid table.

They're not one of the "big six".
ah mis leading title I should have paid more attention to the small print. I think "elite eight" has a nice ring to the media's next grouping to keep utd fans happy

Only if we have a calciopoli type scandal exposed. I don't trust that to be legit either and they'll punish Leicester only...

they all laughed at us 10 years ago with our plans and look now they are not laughing anymore ?? i even think we have beaten our best ever stay in the top league this season?? and its looking like we are only at the bottom of the mountain and still got to retain the title and conquer europe so you can count manchester city out of the drop

i said to my son before the start of the season arsenal could be in trouble this season and need a good start or they could find themselves in the fight for staying up, but they are doing ok and look good so they will be ok, spurs united liverpool are never going to be in a dog fight unless we have a new league setup and a power movement, but like i said 10 years in football anything can happen and it only takes the people running the big clubs to stop investing in them and a couple of bad seasons and it can be a war zone outside the grounds just ask arsenal fans tv

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.