with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City in Europe 2013/14

Big year for us in Europe this year after last years failings.
Really fancy us o go far this year having learnt a lot from last year....Pellegrini knows this competition maybe not so well but knows euro competitions well.

Mayor West said:
urmston said:
I'm not that interested in European football.

As City are in Europe I want them to do well, but if the European competitions were scrapped tomorrow I wouldn't mind.

There's nothing to interest me in European competition these days. When club teams were nearly always composed of people from the club's home country they were a good way to see star players from abroad. But we see that every week now in the premier league.

I agree with this. If it wasn't for the money involved being so important, I wouldn't be that bothered about City doing well in Europe. I see the Premier League, and the 2 domestic cups as more important, to me personally. Doing well in Europe is nothing but a bonus.

Whilst I respect anyone's opinion on this, I would have to disagree. Whether we like it or not, football has changed (for better or for worse) and we need to recognise that it is now a huge global brand.

This is why we now have our pre-seasons in exotic locations like the USA, South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany and so on, instead of playing friendly games against Bury, Stockport and Port Vale.

To be honest, I'd rather watch City play in Napoli, the Bernabeu, San Siro, Nou Camp, Allianz Arena etc. than go to Gigg Lane, Edgeley Park or Vale Park. If you've never experienced a European awayday, I thoroughly recommend you to try the experience. You'll love it!

Those who went to Porto 2 years ago: can you remember this song?

I wanna stay here
I wanna stay here
Manchester's a shithole
I wanna stay here

What a great couple of days down by the river, with the sun beating down and the Super Bock flowing! And we won!

Want something like this:

Barcelona
Marseille
Us
Anderlecht

Big team to compete with them two decent teams to see if we can see through a game against them.

raininspain said:
Manx Blue said:
I reckon it is going to be Bayern, Milan & Celtic

No real way of knowing, but I'll be booking flights as soon as Platini and his merry men sort out the game schedule.

See you all over in Europe!

You know it's going to be this draw.

They don't want us involved in the latter stages and will do everything in their power to eliminate us ASAP.

Celtic are added for a bit of "local" spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.