Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Well here's our usual slow start to the season turned up. I actually didn't expect us to have so many points on the board although on paper the fixtures have been kind.

I kind of expected us to lose today. Shitty weather, hostile atmosphere when they're on it, key players missing and a few recent signs we're a bit frazzled.

Fucked the next few days up as I'll have to avoid anything football related as the hysteria by the media will be in overdrive.

No team can afford to lose world class players like KDB, Stones, Bernardo and Rodri and not suffer a bit. When the fuck are Stones and Bernardo coming back?? They seem to have been almost ready for ages.

If the dippers drop points we are still top. I can't say I'm looking forward to Arsenal though.
Good post. Have we playing good of late? Probably not, so this result was always on the horizon if we’re honest with ourselves. This might give us and Pep a kick up the backside that we need. The Arsenal match has come a bit too quick and I too am not looking forward to it either.

Shocking ref but we've had 23 shots on goal and 70% possession...
23 shots at goal and not even a chance, that's the reality! From start to finish we ponder through sideways and backwards passing. We play with no/zero/zilch pace, and that is astonishing. In a game like that when we're not at it, we have to be pragmatic and simply get the ball in the box faster, whether it's a speculative cross or shooting more often. In short, make the opposition bloody defend. Both their goals are as a result of fast speculative play, that's all, nothing great, just pacey percentage football. Why the feck can't we try it, rather than trying to impossibly pick a gap through a 11 man defense. In short, it was shocking naive play, and make no mistake, every other Wolves type team in this league will see that today and do the same.

68% possession, 23 shots, 8 on target and we where shit according to some on here?

Most on here haven’t got a fucking clue.

Well played ref.
This one I totally agree 100 percent!! That was also a very good performance from Wolves with good backing from their crowd. Ref also had a good game.

68% possession, 23 shots, 8 on target and we where shit according to some on here?

Most on here haven’t got a fucking clue.

Well played ref.
We could have had 98% possession, 68 shots, and 23 on target, we'd still have only scored one.

We were shite against Newcastle and we were shite today.

You think stats matter more than goals? Blame the referee?
That's a very desperate bit of straw clinging you're doing there.

That's my point. It wasn't the loss so much, it's the hopeless way we lost.

We've previously hit sticky patches, but looking at our squad we knew we had the wherewithal to get back on track.

Right now, we need our best back, because the backup options just don't compare.

To be fair, the heartbeat of our side has always been our central midfield under Pep. You stop that and you stop City.

We can probably cope with losing 2 out of KDB, Rodri and Bernardo, but not losing all three. To miss those three players at the same time is just unfortunate.

That said, I find it staggering that Foden isn’t the first name in the middle of the park at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.