World Cup 2018 | 3rd July | R16: Colombia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Funnily enough, as a 14 year old and it being a different time I suppose, I actually wanted Scotland to do well. I got quite excited when Archie scored against the Dutch primarily, I think, because I knew almost all the players. Whilst I still wanted everyone to beat the rags, I wanted all the English teams to win in Europe and, if ythey went out, the Scottish ones to win except Celtic, obviously! As for the every tournament thing I think it’s mainly the idiot press we have and their insatiable desire to knock everyone down. Before you can do that, you have to build them up, so the fall can appear all that much greater. As a football fan I don’t think I’ve ever thought England would win a tournament although, as it’s essentially a cup competition, I’ve equally never understood why we’ve performed quite so badly. For me, it’s not losing but how you lose and England have almost always surrendered meekly, the obvious exceptions being 1990 and 1996.
As for the ‘golden generation’ the management of them was shockingly bad. Imagine Guardiola saying that he couldn’t fit Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes into a midfield without playing them all out of position? He actually said, in 2017, that that group of players was on a par with the Spanish group and he really couldn’t understand why they’d achieved so little.

Sorry to hear you hate us, but let’s nit dwell on something not one fuck will be wasted on.

I think your GG never won anything for the simple reason they weren’t Fucking good enough, their hype was world class, few of the players actually were. World Class cannot be a level lowered because they play for you.

1990 was your best team and not filled with Nancy pretty boys to come later who endlessly were found out when it same to the crunch.

Someone said in another post that all the other teams are beatable. Yes on form shown so far. However if France, Brazil in particular and Belgium step up to their best they will piss all over England.

For me you don’t have one genuinely World Class player. Not one. In the end it’s these types that tip the balance. Not having any will be your undoing if the other teams really turn up.

I could be wrong, but, that seldom happens.

Colombia to send you home for me.

On a side note I'm tired of seeing "easier route to the final" - I know it's a cliche but one game at a fucking time, please!
This absolutely. It’s a huge game. Colombia are a very talented team and we haven’t won a single knock out game since 2006 and Colombian fans will outnumber the English by about 5-1 I the stadium. We need to get through his game. The whole nation will be watching this back home and it’s set up to be an incredible night.

Sorry to hear you hate us, but let’s nit dwell on something not one fuck will be wasted on.

I think your GG never won anything for the simple reason they weren’t Fucking good enough, their hype was world class, few of the players actually were. World Class cannot be a level lowered because they play for you.

1990 was your best team and not filled with Nancy pretty boys to come later who endlessly were found out when it same to the crunch.

Someone said in another post that all the other teams are beatable. Yes on form shown so far. However if France, Brazil in particular and Belgium step up to their best they will piss all over England.

For me you don’t have one genuinely World Class player. Not one. In the end it’s these types that tip the balance. Not having any will be your undoing if the other teams really turn up.

Hope you are made to eat your words.

He's Scottish. I'd be stunned if he wanted an England win. Maybe we should let him wallow in his bitterness ;-)
I know. If one of us went on a Jock forum during a World Cup that they were playing on (I know this is getting far fetched) and ranted on like this fucker, we’d be banned before we pressed the post reply button.

Harry Kane is clearly world class.

Hard to disagree that if France and Brazil turn up that they will beat us. I think that those 2 countries are the best left in the tournament.

I think your GG never won anything for the simple reason they weren’t Fucking good enough, their hype was world class, few of the players actually were. .

Lampard, Scholes, Gerard, Ashley Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Owen and Beckham were very good. As shown by their varying levels of success in Europe. That was most of the team.

Lack of talent was not the issue but if it makes you, as a Scot feel better about your country's lack of football talent, then keep on venting. :)

Harry Kane is clearly world class.

Hard to disagree that if France and Brazil turn up that they will beat us. I think that those 2 countries are the best left in the tournament.

Kane has the potential to be WC. No question. Is he there yet? Not for me. He needs to do it in the CL and these finals when it matters. When real WC players step up. Let’s see if he can make that step. If he can your chances increase a lot.

I like Kane though and hope he plays well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.