"Worst moment ever watching City"?!

Relegation in that match against Liverpool when we hid the ball in the corner and all that fiasco.

Relegation to Div 2 against Stoke.

Kevin get a grip.

Three moments stand out for me, the first is watching City get beaten by Wolves in the 1974 League Cup Final, the second is Colin Bells injury against United [I was there that night in the North Stand ], and finally watching City get hammered by West Brom 4-0 in 1979 at the Hawthorns, and I think both Gary Owen and Peter Barnes scored for them that day??..............

spacecadet said:
Wembley 74 v Wolves
Wembley 81 v Spurs
Maine Rd 83 v Luton

and Stoke away 98 Can't decide really and Saturday hurt like fuck as well.

Shared all those Wembley matches with you and others. Wembley is a horrible place when you lose. Made the mistake of thinking we were safe against Luton and was unavailable - so I only watched those white shoes on our Maine Rd turf on the telly. God that hurt.

worst moment is much more specific watching Big Mal sell Barnes and Owen and knowing they were leaving us as they left the pitch -though I can't remember who we were playing!

The guy is an embarrassment coming out with sh#t like that, sacking a manager who allegedly didn't get on with any of the back room staff, doctors, etc and possibly didn't pull in the same direction as our owners wanted...... that's not the worst ever moment even in terms of just getting rid of a manager.

Remember the shambolic way Swales got rid of Peter Reid? He brought that Maddocks guy in, some fckin journo, and let him pull the trigger..... that's embarrassing.

Shinawatra didn't fare too much better getting rid of Sven, that being said probably my worst memory was that 8-1 defeat by `boro for his last game, no passion/pride/loyalty etc

Home defeats by County & Halifax are up there too along with being elligible to play in the Auto Windscreens Cup, never mind getting beat in it!!!

We've been through some sh#t with City, but being runners up in league & cup after winning both recently gets no where near in my eyes

CTID

For me there are moments... days that go far beyond Typical City!

Stoke 2-5 City. Less said the better.

Manchester City 1–2 Oldham Athletic, March '99. I genuinely started to worry we'd never get promoted that day. We hammered Burnley a few days before and hadn't lost in the league since December when over 234,129 people went to York. I didn't.

Manchester City 1–2 Wycombe Wanderers, April '99.
The back four of Edghill, Wiekens, Morrison and Vaughan looked ropey as could be. Vaughan made way for Allsop but City lacked desperation and the play-off push loomed.

Boro 8-1 City. Save our Sven campaign failed, poor showing, Dunne red card, City mentally looked drained, fans looked and felt drained, the day was miserable, the Policing awful, the fact we could not clap our players off. The jounrey back meeting RAGs made it a worse day than possible. Who'd be next manager? How was our club being ran? Would we have a club? Who'd we ratin from this mish-mash squad? I never rated Isaksson, thought petrov was too selfish and Vassell needed to go (lost what pace he had). Castillo cast off. I rated Corluka yest everyone seemed to want rid and the rival clubs wanted him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.