Worst pain you've experienced

sciatica after busting a disc some years ago - fucking agony, and even the strongest pain meds didn't seem to target it.

And toothache.

Worse pain I have ever suffered was a day after having a triple heart bypass and I needed to sneeze, the pain in your chest is just horrific.

Chest/sturnum sawn open for mechanical valve inserted into heart.
Morphine in ICU, but then paracetamol, steel stitches in chest, extremely painful when moving or trying to lie on my side for 5 weeks.

Not sure I should bother posting now!

I had an operation many years ago to resolve a persistent ingrowing toe nail problem on one of my big toes. The op involved removing the toe nail root and then bending the skin over and sewing it up. Leaving me with a slightly shorter toe and no nail. A very neat job and no pain ever again after it healed but still an act of barbarism: there's better solutions now.

Anyhow, there's a shed load of nerve endings on the toe and I woke up the night after the operation in serious pain. Worse even than when someone broke my ankle in three places and dislocated it with a late tackle in a football match. By the time the painkillers they gave internally for my wait to be have my dislocation sorted wore off, the pain was pretty bad. When they started to put me under for the general anesthetic, the relief was sheer bliss. I'd had to wait because I'd had breakfast before playing so couldn't have the GA straight away.

Nice gentleman from the Spanish riot police decided I needed my jaw rearranged during the World Cup in 1982 - few weeks later when jaw had set and they removed wire from mouth (with set of glorified pliers and no anaesthetic) they needed nurse and orderly to hold me down - absolute agony, I take it things have changed nowadays - worst pain ever, up until last year when I got....................... Kidney stones!

Tibial plateau fracture. I was in Salford Royal for 4 days before plates and pins were put in. Morphine dulled things a bit.

Gout is up there, as is ligament damage, but I once woke up with a trapped nerve near my elbow and any slight movement of it nearly caused me to black out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.