Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

There are a few "business gurus" like our friend above who you wouldn't trust to run the tombola at a church fete. A single new sponsor will probably generate enough to cover the increase. At the most basic level a minor sponsor would give us £1m over 3 years which covers the ticket increase. We're getting a sleeve sponsor, Nexen, at a reported £5m a season from next season.

And if this increase is really to cover matchday running costs, why is it not being applied across the board? Stick £5 on all tickets costing up to £500, £10 on those up to £750, £15 on those up to £1,000 and £20 on the rest. Yet some are saying they've seen no increase for 4 years.
Yes well, let's not get personal, I run a business and have done so for some time now, i don't have to say anymore.

If we made tickets cheaper do you think some fans may try and purchase season cards just for the big games and as they are not as dedicated a fan just not show to the run of the mill matches?
I go to about 7 games a year, if I could get one I'd seriously consider a £299 maybe £350 s/c but I wouldn't actually be able to afford, because of travel /time , to go to more than a couple more games maybe 10 so unless I could resell it then those seats would be empty.

They don't give a fuck, look at the corporate areas already half empty for every game, so what do they do create a tunnel club and kick loyal season ticket holders out their seats in the process. They couldn't care less about proper fans, they want you replaced with the prawn sandwich brigade as soon as possible.

Brassed off with all this now. Why Don t the moaners form their own club and control their own prices and costs. There is an existing template for this just up the road. They have certainly shown how good fans are at running a club, nearly broke. Go ask Portsmouth fans as well.
Yeah, let's all bend over and let them do whatever they want.

I hope you never get priced out mate.

Brassed off with all this now. Why Don t the moaners form their own club and control their own prices and costs. There is an existing template for this just up the road. They have certainly shown how good fans are at running a club, nearly broke. Go ask Portsmouth fans as well.
Supporters have every right to a say in the running of their club. Give away that right and all those scousers, gooners and rags were right all those years ago and we have indeed sold or soul.

They don't give a fuck, look at the corporate areas already half empty for every game, so what do they do create a tunnel club and kick loyal season ticket holders out their seats in the process. They couldn't care less about proper fans, they want you replaced with the prawn sandwich brigade as soon as possible.

It will balance out mate when they've completed all the corporate schimozzle.

HH Sheikh Mansour is aware & sensitive of the history and needs of rebuilding our local working class fan base.

Trust & patience.

Yes well, let's not get personal, I run a business and have done so for some time now, i don't have to say anymore.
Sorry about that but someone on Twitter who hadn't a clue what they were talking about pissed me off. I'll say a few things, the first being that I also run a business and I charge my clients a daily rate. I know what rate I'd like and that's based on location mainly, depending whether it's commutable, involves staying away or working in London. I won't always get the rate I want but there's a line and I will walk away if necessary. Like most business people though I'm not dogmatic and for the sake of a few quid a day I wouldn't turn an opportunity down. You have to be pragmatic as I'm sure you know and I don't think City are being.

Secondly it might surprise you to learn that since 2005 I've written and been on TV/radio talking about City's finances and I've been saying for a while that ticket revenue is out of line with our competitors. It's hard to compare like with like, as stadium capacities and the mix of standard, premium and corporate facilities varies, as does the size of fanbase. United's matchday revenue is far higher than ours, partly because they get 75k a game compared to the 47k we were getting pre-SS3. But even if you factor that out the average revenue per seat was far higher and that's because their ratio of premium/corporate seats was much higher. Someone told me they get 60% of their matchday revenue from premium seating that represents about 12% of overall capacity. So we've been going down the path of both increasing standard ticket prices significantly and expanding our premium offering and I've said that needed to happen. However in my analysis & write-up of last year's account I reckoned that all things considered we were pretty well where we should be compared to clubs like Liverpool and even the rags. We'll probably top £1k per person per seat over the 2017/18 season, which is getting close to United's figure of around £1.2k.

Finally, if the club wants to fund its standard running costs from ticket income then that's fine but they should be open with us and say that so we understand. I don't have a problem with them doing that as long as everyone is contributing roughly equally. But also as a business faced with rising costs you have to weigh the impact of putting up prices and potentially pissing off your customers and finding savings wherever you can. But unlike all of our top 6 rivals, the club won't engage with us in any meaningful way and despite the increase being a piddling amount, it's just another incident indicating their seeming disdain for us, their customers. A lot of this crap could be avoided if they talked face-to-face with a representative fan group. But they refuse to do this.

It will balance out mate when they've completed all the corporate schimozzle.

HH Sheikh Mansour is aware & sensitive of the history and needs of rebuilding our local working class fan base.

Trust & patience.

Wakes.....Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakey !! As Sir Billy Cotton would say.
You talk some absolute rubbish. My paramedic daughter had to attend an old lady who'd collapsed, been there for a while and was consequently covered in shit. That picture popped into my head when I read your posts. I don't even know where to start but I'll just say that ticket income probably just about covers our operating costs, excluding wages and amortisation of player contracts. That's policing/stewarding, heat and light, maintenance, travel & accomodation, etc.

And your constant insinuation that Sheikh Mansour is your best mate is getting both laughable and irritating.

We've already said the extra revenue will probably be no more than £400,000 for the whole season and may be offset in whole or part by people dropping cup schemes and Platinum. Will either of you (or anyone else spouting the same shite) please explain to me what £200k over a year will deny us as I'm dying to know.

And how long have YOU been running YOUR business ?

The level of ticket prices was too LOW when we moved from Maine Road to the Etihad. We had to play steady catch up who ever owned the club.

Some feckers were complaining back then with KK,Phsyco & that bunch of losers who had us facing relegation.

HH Sheikh Mansour is a businessman.......be careful what you wish for !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.