Wycombe Wanderers tickets

Once again this ticket system has singled me out. I have Burnley as my next game. I've just received an email from city saying it looks like your mobile ticket has not been updated, with the prompt to switch my phone off and on.
They also mention, that your good to without the update to your google pay , as long as you've not chosen PAH ticket.
Like a lot of people on here City and cup games are at the end of the 3 strikes and your out point with me. Any shit tonight, I will not go to the ticket office to sort out their issues, I will call it a day. This is on the back of pre-lockdown, missing 20 mins of the start of 2 cup games due to a member of our party not being allowed in and having to go to ticket office even though I had proof of purchase on my phone. (We were relocated due to SS3 being used for away fans and given random seats in level 1)
I hope you don't pack it in. Hopefully it will be trouble-free tonight for you.

Same for me trying for days. Am 73 now going on public transport to the ground tonight hoping to buy one at the ticket office. If I can't that's me done, have been going since 1956.
I am pretty sure the ticket office will be open for match-day sales. It was for Southampton because I walked past it and could see the signs on the windows "match days sales only".

I'm on a British Computer Society course at the moment, which is Requirements Engineering. It's about how you best get the correct requirements for proposed new business/system implementations or changes before you start building these.

Two of the key lessons are:
  • Talking to all the people impacted - the stakeholders - as the impact on them could be significant and you need to be aware of their real needs.
  • A single stakeholder's views are not likely to encompass the requirements of other stakeholders.
The club has completely ignored these two. As fans, we need to be able to buy tickets, have them delivered, either electronically or as paper tickets, and be able to use those tickets. As a club, they mainly want to sell tickets. They've not thought about the fans' view of the world.
The whole project should have been underpinned by a sophisticated communications campaign which started 12 months ago and got feedback from all fans' groups, expecially older and vulnerable fans. There should have been clear updates on all channels for all customers, keeping people updated on progress especially how it would affect them.
The point about stakeholders being affected differently is crucial. This roll-out has worked well if you have a recent Iphone! In scale this is a very small project because it only really affects match-going fans and their guests...perhaps only 100,000 people. This bungle has cost us a lot of money as a business and has hugely damaged the club's reputation...not for the first time.
What are the club going to do to sort it out? They still haven't told us. There has been virtually no coverage in the local media before, during, or after the roll-out. Why not? Is this another example of the club not being proactive with its communications?

Why don't City just bring the ticketing in-house and sort it out. Just a commitment I think to sorting out and that fans are a priority would go down very well.

I think the move to digital ticketing, or mobile tickets is a good idea if it can be made to work as it should be more flexible. Making changes is always problematic.

1st home game missed in years, not travelling hours to be relocated at the front, impossible to contact, cannot be bothered with it.

I've got a seasoncard and am in cup schemes and have had no issues. On Saturday they sent me print at home tickets for Wycombe for my usual seat. Why, I don't know, but the problem is I don't have a printer!
They then sent an email saying cup scheme s/c holders would have wallets updated no later then 9am today. It hasn't updated, so for the first time ever, I've had to ring customer services. Lass sent me an email to add a mobile ticket. When I click the big 'G Pay' button...'something went wrong, try again'. I wont be able to get to the ground until about 7:30 tonight and my only option appears to be go to the ticket office beforehand and miss a chunk of the game.

This isn't hard City. Just update my wallet like you did last week!! Can't be arsed going all that way for 3/4's of a match, tbh. Soz Pep, would love to be there but the club are making it way too hard
Well I take it back (mostly). Messed round with a few settings and my mobile ticket now uploads and appears as a seperate ticket to my s/c.
Still annoying that I had to phone to get a mobile ticket and wasn't just sent one, and why they can't just update my s/c...
I'm just happy I can get there in time to chug a paper cone of pnkpiz!!

Same for me trying for days. Am 73 now going on public transport to the ground tonight hoping to buy one at the ticket office. If I can't that's me done, have been going since 1956.
You'll definitely get one at the ticket office. But make sure you arrive in plenty of time, the queues for the ticket office are much longer than normal because of all this shambles!

The whole project should have been underpinned by a sophisticated communications campaign which started 12 months ago and got feedback from all fans' groups, expecially older and vulnerable fans. There should have been clear updates on all channels for all customers, keeping people updated on progress especially how it would affect them.
The point about stakeholders being affected differently is crucial. This roll-out has worked well if you have a recent Iphone! In scale this is a very small project because it only really affects match-going fans and their guests...perhaps only 100,000 people. This bungle has cost us a lot of money as a business and has hugely damaged the club's reputation...not for the first time.
What are the club going to do to sort it out? They still haven't told us. There has been virtually no coverage in the local media before, during, or after the roll-out. Why not? Is this another example of the club not being proactive with its communications?
The one get-out I'll give the club is that I suspect the PL mandated this and did it too late to allow some of that.

But even if that is the case then they should have done what Everton & Arsenal did, recognise the risk of a full-scale implementation and only roll it out to a subset of people, ideally carefully chosen to represent as many different scenarios as possible. And for the majority, you stick with the technology you know works until you're happy you've covered all the bases with the new one.

It’s all a bit of a shambles. I’ve just had this email from someone:

“Apologies for this rant Ric but didn’t know who else to give feedback to. (I’ve also sent this to Kevin Parker). Some needs to let the club know about this! (No need to reply to me obviously).

Don’t know where to start. I’m a citizen member trying to buy 8 tickets for the Wycombe game tonight and tried on every device (mobile, iPad and laptop)..and if I get to the payment section (which 80% of the time I couldn’t?!) it just wouldn’t accept payment on every Debit/Credit Card I tried. (Error..bad request). After wasting 2 hours I called city …on hold for 1 hour and 15 mins on for the line to go mute?! and then dead. Forced to give up and know so many others in the same position.
City wil have lost thousands of supporters for tonight’s match but worst still thousands who won’t bother for the rest of the season because they think this is the norm so why bother. Of the 8 tickets I was after for tonight at least half were for kids/adults who’ve never been before. I never normally complain but I’ve tried EVERYTHING FOR ALMOST THREE HOURS TO BUY TICKETS AND FAILED. I’ve given up as I’ve tried everything I can think of.”
This is what Kevin fucking Parker should have told the media instead of saying "Pep should stick to managing" and all that shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.