yaya.....

adrianr said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I think people forget the psychological advantage yaya gives you, he's undoubtedly suited to the top of a diamond midfield 3 but alas we don't have the player to slot in where he plays at present, milners a good lad but incapable of ever doing that role, rodwell or Garcia? Smahhhhhhh

Said it previously, gudogan in a 3 of

........... Fern.....gudogen...........
......................yaya.......................

Would send us mighty close in the CL and also allow for great rotation!!!!!

A good point. The Rags especially hate playing against him.

Well on board with the signing of Gundogan too. The only player I'd have ahead of him, providing he can get past his injuries (Although they're both crocked at the moment I believe), is Wilshere.

As silly as it sounds, gundogen would be cheaper- also pointing to what pep said a few years back, they're 6/7 jack Wiltshires coming through at barca, obviously an exaggeration but one that highlights what the whole project is about, let's find our own........ Gundogen and fernandinho would be the best partnership in Europe for me, with a great supporting role from yaya!!!!!

I like Gündogan but I don't think he'd fit this team.

Fernandinho complements Yaya quite well whereas Gündogan likes to occupy a lot of the same areas that Yaya frequents.

If we're going to look for another midfielder, I'd like somebody off the bench in a box to box role. Ross Barkley, perhaps?

Yaya is the pivot of this team. He's one of the best passers in the league and never loses possession. In the difficult games we can't go with just him and 1 more in CM but he still has to play. He's a class above and a winner. Seems utterly ridiculous to me to even contemplate leaving him out.

There are 4 players at City who, unless rested, have to start - Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero. They have come up with the goods time and time again. They are world class. Ferna and Nasri could work their way into that category in time. Nasri tho must do it away more often, not just at home.

We need a mobile DM that can pass (someone like Alex Song springs to mind) to compliment Yaya and Ferna. This is arguably more important than a CB but until we can find someone I'd play Milner there. It's not ideal but it's better than playing Garcia

ElanJo said:
There are 4 players at City who, unless rested, have to start - Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

YaYa gives you a 9 or a 5 (14)....Zab rarely dips under 8 and two of them are....

I've mentioned it previously (perhaps on another thread), but people are searching for another Ferdy to sit alongside him, with perhaps MIlner or Rodwell being able to fill in before we sign someone else.

My answer instead would be to put Silva there. He doesn't add the bite of Ferdy in the tackle, but neither does he shirk out of them. What he'd add from that position though is the ability to dictate the tempo of our play, linking the defence and strikers better than Yaya could due to his extra movement and passing ability. He's also got a brilliant (like Ferdy) engine on him, so no problem in going up and down the pitch all day long.

Look at the other quality teams in Europe, they all have a deep lying midfielder of the playmaker type (eg Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso etc).

In fact, watching Arsenal right now, one of the two deep lying midfielders is Arteta. My point exactly.

Yaya can go further forward when we play a 4-2-3-1 on the bench when we're playing 4-4-2.

@ the post above me.

Yaya is a brilliant deep lying playmaker. When it comes to defending he is awful but he can sit in front of the back 4 and dictate the game from there.

totalfootball said:
@ the post above me.

Yaya is a brilliant deep lying playmaker. When it comes to defending he is awful but he can sit in front of the back 4 and dictate the game from there.

You contradict yourself. A brilliant deep lying playmaker can't be an awful defender too...they have to be more than a passenger to the game in that position when we don't have the ball.

ChichesterBlue said:
totalfootball said:
@ the post above me.

You contradict yourself. A brilliant deep lying playmaker can't be an awful defender too...they have to be more than a passenger to the game in that position when we don't have the ball.

No I'm not contradicting myself. I stand by what I said.

ElanJo said:
Yaya is the pivot of this team. He's one of the best passers in the league and never loses possession. In the difficult games we can't go with just him and 1 more in CM but he still has to play. He's a class above and a winner. Seems utterly ridiculous to me to even contemplate leaving him out.

There are 4 players at City who, unless rested, have to start - Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero. They have come up with the goods time and time again. They are world class. Ferna and Nasri could work their way into that category in time. Nasri tho must do it away more often, not just at home.

We need a mobile DM that can pass (someone like Alex Song springs to mind) to compliment Yaya and Ferna. This is arguably more important than a CB but until we can find someone I'd play Milner there. It's not ideal but it's better than playing Garcia

And last night we beat Bayern Munich away without Yaya !!

He can be rested in certain games, it's just for the manager to know which games he should be either rested or dropped to the bench for. It's easier for the coach if he's suspended like last night because then he doesn't have to make the decision himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.