Your First Game

Can't remember the exact details but it was about 1985/86 when I was about 9, a School trip (half the class had Rag tickets and other half Blues) it was a 2-1 defeat by Chelsea and I remember our goal was a Neil McNab Penalty. And I've been a Blue ever since that day.

DATE
27 April 2003
14:00

Manchester City 0 – 1 West Ham United
81' Kanoute

Maine Road
Manchester
Attendance: 34,815
Referee: Rob Styles

John Head said:
It's usually with the benefit of hindsight and a little internet research that people can suddenly remember all the details of their first game.

I know mine was against West Ham, sat on the benches in Platt Lane and I was around 8 years old and I was freezing cold.

I can now pinpoint it to the 4-3 win on 21st October 1972 against West Ham, Rodney Marsh scored two, Mike Summerbee one and some fella called Towers got the fourth in front of a crowd of 30,890.

Welcome John, I always thought you and your brother were Liverpool fans.
If I am wrong excellent, Scouse City fans.
Looking forward to seeing you and Michael again sometime.

26th August 1992. City 3 - 1 Norwich.

I had to google the date but I do remember parts of the game. Steve McMahon scored from what seemed about 45 yards at the time (was probably the edge of the box). Apparently David White scored our other two and Gary fuckin Megson scored for them.
I also remember that we were sat in the Main Stand and when we got to the seats my Dad pointed out that Steve Bruce was sat right in front of us. Think he was probably uniteds captain at the time so I should have twatted the ugly fucker but I was only 6!

my first game was either shef utd away 3-3, leeds away 3-0, or bolton away 3-0 league cup, they was either 1972 ish but my memorie isnt up to much now but i can tell you when i first past my test and i drove to watch city v bristol city and we won. mind i got lost on way back to manchester to try to find m62

SS117 said:
Manchester City 0-1 Huddersfield Town 1997

Remember everybody taking the piss out of their captain. "Who ate all the pies" etc. Big fat centre half. Wonder what happened to him - Andy Morrison was his name.

First game - won 4-3 Wolves 1971 league cup, aged 8. We were losing 3-1 with quarter of an hour to go, great game.

Why Always Ste said:
I will get shot down for this but how most (if not all) posters on here seem to remember the exact first game they went to is somewhat beyond belief.

I can remember exactly my first match at Maine Road. It was a the back end of the 1962-3 season and Blackpool were the visitors. City lost 3-0 on their way to relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.