Julian Weigl

Still don't get why this bloke would be a replacement for Fernandinho, in any area of the game & why we would require something different to Fernandinho.

Surely a new, younger Fernadninho who is a better Fernandinho than the old one, is what we want ?

Surely we can find someone closer to Fern than this guy ?

I personally think delph could do a job there in the whatsit cup and lesser teams in the fa cup also dead rubbers in europe ,give ferna a break,however moving forward we want someone who will try and relegate ferna to a squad player, someone who can do the job ferna does so well but better.

ive not seen enough of weigel to warrant any opinion on him,i would like verratti most probably impossible, but if psg come calling for Sergio and Sergio is still unhappy? then why not try and do a deal

I’m sure Pep will move for Wiegl in the summer - he’s a big fan and it’s the key position for him. I’m not saying it’ll happen but I’m sure we’ll try.

I personally think delph could do a job there in the whatsit cup and lesser teams in the fa cup also dead rubbers in europe ,give ferna a break,however moving forward we want someone who will try and relegate ferna to a squad player, someone who can do the job ferna does so well but better.

ive not seen enough of weigel to warrant any opinion on him,i would like verratti most probably impossible, but if psg come calling for Sergio and Sergio is still unhappy? then why not try and do a deal

I think Pep sees more Busquets in Weigl than Fernandinho.

You really don't "need" pace to be a holding midfielder in England, just another random myth pedalled by the "England is special" brigade. Eric Dier is shit slow but got rave reviews, Matic never had much pace and has been the key player in two title winning sides, Gareth Barry is as slow as it gets and was fantastic for us. You might need pace to play the Kante style of chasing the ball like a dog but actual holding midfielders have always been about being intelligent rather than fast.
Neil Pointon like!

Personally I think Pep will pull some bizarre relatively unknown player out of his arse to replace Fern.
Most of us will be thinking... Really? And it'll be another stroke of genius.
Maybe Mikel Merino from Newcastle. If they go down he's one I'd expect to stay in the Premier League (or move back to Germany or Spain).

Young enough to bide his time behind Fernandinho for the time being, could be perfect for a fraction of the price of a Weigl or a Diawara.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.