Matthijs de Ligt

It's true, De Ligt could work with van Dijk at Liverpool but Lovren while an inferior talent is not yet 30 so it wouldn't be a clear cut shot at starting. I struggle to imagine Liverpool spending that much again on a defender but why not? I think they are likely to be thinking midfield more than anything else since that is the weakest part of the team atm. Not sure why you would conclude I do not view them as one of the top clubs - they are unquestionably one of the top clubs

I had a pulse on what was happening with De Jong, I have little on De Ligt apart from the desire to see him signed. Raiola is normally kryptonite when it comes to Barcelona so that works against them, even if he isn't his agent per se. As big a talent as De Jong and at 19 should probably be a world class level player for more than a decade - not sure anyone would want to miss the chance for that at any price.

Seems a great great kid, super loyal to Ajax and the sort of leader profile you'd hope for leading the defense. Oranje are already looking outstanding

Well, you never mentioned them as one of the top clubs that might offer him a starting berth, nor 'that lot' down the road come to that. I think Liverpool will spend heavily again in the summer, in defence and in midfield, and de Ligt would easily play before Loveren. Similarly, whoever is ultimately appointed at OT, funds will be made available to strengthen what has been an identified weakness for some time as well as to signal yet another new era. If, as rumoured, van der Sar is to be their DofF, then he'll presumably make de Ligt one of his first targets. With at least 3-4 suitors, the price will likely be as high as de Jong, perhaps even higher given his leadership credentials.

I didn't go through the entirety of clubs that are potentially interested, I only mentioned those that have been rumoured and happen to be big clubs - not sure why you concluded I purposefully slighted Liverpool

Wherever De Ligt ends up, I doubt VDS will have much to do with it

Liverpool won't go for De Ligt, they've already got Gomez who's a top, top talent. They'll invest big in midfield probably, Aouar linked

Liverpool won't go for De Ligt, they've already got Gomez who's a top, top talent. They'll invest big in midfield probably, Aouar linked

Or Werner perhaps

Big hurdle for Barcelona in a pursuit for De Ligt will be Raiola, no question. Player sounds like he recognizes this as well:

Matthijs De Ligt has asked Mino Raiola to treat Barca's offer with affection, that he would like to continue playing with his friend Frenkie de Jong. Juventus, PSG, Bayern and City are the rivals in the transfer of Matthijs De Ligt. The Commission of Raiola will be important, it cannot be forgotten

if otamendi goes, vinny is in his last year , de ligt would be perfect,3 top cbs with Garcia and sandler as the young upstarts. what's not to like, still think vinny will get another year, but taking sentiment out of it if he keeps getting injured what's the point.

I haven't seen much of de ligt ,I'm basing my opinion on other opinions on de ligt

Not surprised he wants to join his mate at Barca if reports are correct at the outrageous amount their paying a 21 year old.

I think we are being strung along here - I see zero chance of this happening. He’s good but not what we need. That said I think Barcelona will need to sell to make another signing - maybe Courtinho or Dembele. Think they are committed to rebuilding a decaying stadium so economic reality beacons and the local government probably can’t slip them money under the table anymore. That De Jong deal will have cost them over £150m.

I think we are being strung along here - I see zero chance of this happening. He’s good but not what we need. That said I think Barcelona will need to sell to make another signing - maybe Courtinho or Dembele. Think they are committed to rebuilding a decaying stadium so economic reality beacons and the local government probably can’t slip them money under the table anymore. That De Jong deal will have cost them over £150m.
And he hasn’t yet been tested in a strong league. Madness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.