Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

A driving force behind Var was the wrestling that goes on,unpunished, in the penalty area.When it is highlighted by tv it brings the game into disrepute. The situation is "only after a goal is scored is Var employed", yet we were led to believe that "all incidents are scrutinised". Obviously that is bollox.
Once again pgmol have been shown to be incapable of being fit to administer the game, just amateurish knee-jerk responses that have made matters worse, let alone laying themselves open to "favouritism". Without the media on side, the situation will not change, but the media have their own agenda so fans are left with forums on social media to vent their dissatisfaction. Not good enough, the game deserves better and so do we...Until accountability is forced on the adminastrators its SNAFU......

because of the bit that is in bold and red...deliberate or not it created a goal scoring opportunity
a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity

But surely he never gained control of the ball so whether it went on to create a goal-scoring opportunity is irrelevant?

because of the bit that is in bold and red...deliberate or not it created a goal scoring opportunity
I disagree there, I think the important bit is where it says 'a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity'.
With the ball only glancing off Laporte's arm at no point did he have control or possession of the ball so there was no way he could do anything involving an 'and then'.
The rule is written to prevent occasions where a ball accidentally hits a players arm and the ball either drops to the players feet or is diverted towards a teammate. A ball brushing a players arm does not constitute 'control or possesion'.

Calmed down a bit from last night. Bottom line, we missed too many chances at 2-1 that would have killed the game. Not sure what it is about Spurs but they score a few at our place. Remember that 2-2 in Pep's 1st season, we were cruising at 2 up then they scored two quickly with virtually their only shots on goal?
They got a ludicrous pen as well under Pellegrini in his last season when it hit Sterling's back. Plus, we got denied that blatant penalty when Walker fouled Raz in the 2-2.
Then of course the CL game last season when they scored with just about every effort on goal, same against last night. Plus of course shafted by VAR.
I wish Bernado would waken up and get back to last season's form, bad miss from him at 2-1. Poor goalkeeping for their 1st goal, badly out of position plus too far out of his goal. Switched off for their 2nd from the corner.
Rose should have been sent off for wiping out Bernado in the 1st half, ridiculous decision from Oliver, as was the non-penalty incident in the 1st half.
I thought they were getting through our midfield on the break far too easily in the 2nd half, were we lacking a bit of steel in there yesterday?
Some fantastic balls in from KDB and some truly awful ones as well, especially 2nd half.
Lots to like about our play as usual, played some lovely stuff at times. Shot count of 29-3 sums up ultimately, how fortunate Spurs were to get a point out of a complete mullering.
Another fair and balanced summary of the game. We can rage all we want - and with justification - at VAR but missed chances, bad defending and some poor decision making when in good positions to hurt Spurs ultimately cost us the three points.

I dont think it works perfectly but then it cannt ever do as humans are just using machinary to interprit things and humans are falable (or open to corruption/bias if that is your line of thinking)

However the hand ball call in my opinion (and in accordance to the laws of the game - which i think are wrong) was the correct call

the rodri/lamella incident for me was a clear foul....but the ref on he pitch nor the VAR ref agree's - that happened regualrly before VAR - what constitutes a foul is always open to debate...

VAr works in someways not in others. But its the humans in charge not the system itself
Not sure how anyone without an agenda can say it wasn’t a foul on Rodri. Incomprehensible that anyone looking at that can say no foul. Can only draw the conclusion that someone is bent

According to the premier league's website "Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental", which I think is the basis on which most people have accepted yesterday's decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

However at the bottom of the same page is a link to the IFAB handball law changes in full which has the following definition...

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
  • the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
  • the ball did not go into the goal after touching Laporte's arm
  • he did not gain control/possession of the ball after it touched his arm
So why was the goal disallowed?
Spot on. Either the law needs rewriting or it was incorrectly, maybe on purpose, interpreted yesterday. Same with the Wolves goal last week as Boly didn’t gain possession or control of the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.