Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I cannot understand how Bernardo makes 3 Spuds look like chimps, then gets elbowed in the face and the free kick goes against him???
When I saw that, I knew this match was ‘fixed’.

It's not the match fixed, but the referee prepared to cheat. That was the worst decision of the day, in that he must have seen it to give it.

As harsh as it seems the decision to disallow the 'winning' goal is probably correct under the current interpretation of the laws of the game (but I absolutely do not agree with it) - what I don’t get though is why the rugby tackle on Rodri was deemed not to be an obvious error - that looks like a classic case where, at the very least, the referee should be advised to review via the pitch side monitor. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC don’t even show it on MOTD

As I was at the ground I’d be interested to know what the so called impartial sky pundits made of it

Actually Sky pundits were unanimous, We played Great, was a definite penalty and Oliver was wrong as was VAR. So I think you you were right , they were impartial.

It was an odd game

Of course, by any normal standards that is a 5-0 game.

Notwithstanding City’s excellence, Spurs were particularly pathetic.

It is odd that Spurs only committed 4 fouls. Normally under this type of pressure we’d break the game up.

It is odd the goals City conceded. Were they not soft even by soft goals standards? Moura is the smallest player on the pitch?

The surprising VAR decisions?

It was almost as if someone wanted it to finish 2-2

Anyway, it’s a point.

I think a lot of people still think we are in last season and not a new one. You don't have to win every game to win the league and. That was an ok result (if we beat them away), and if we play like that we have a good chance of winning it again. We have a decent run of games now, the type of run where you can put markers down as we did in the centurion season.

Oliver
again....its cause VAR isnt there to over rule the ref on decisions unless its a clear and obvious mistake...but it will heck ALL goals.....

OliverI dont think VAR will give penalties unless its a handball or other decisiont he ref has clearlhy missed....and as the ref didnt miss the challenges then VAR isnt going to overrule him....

you an question the deision of the ref to not give the pen but not VAR....
Oliver Did miss the foul on rodri for the pen. If u watch the footage back he is looking over to his right. By the time he is looking straight at the incident rodri is on the ground, so Oliver never saw it. That in my mind is a clear and obvious mistake that should have been reviewed by VAR!!

According to the premier league's website "Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental", which I think is the basis on which most people have accepted yesterday's decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

However at the bottom of the same page is a link to the IFAB handball law changes in full which has the following definition...

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
  • the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
  • the ball did not go into the goal after touching Laporte's arm
  • he did not gain control/possession of the ball after it touched his arm
So why was the goal disallowed?

Because the officials are officious! Rather than look at an incident on merit and on its individuality they are looking very hard for anything to disallow the goal. That goal should never have been disallowed. The current offside law is not capable of giving attacking teams the advantage and we need clear daylight. As a neutral watching yesterdays game I felt robbed of a great finsih to a game!

I think a lot of people still think we are in last season and not a new one. You don't have to win every game to win the league and. That was an ok result (if we beat them away), and if we play like that we have a good chance of winning it again. We have a decent run of games now, the type of run where you can put markers down as we did in the centurion season.

There will be more of the same via VAR and blinkered refs as the season wears on. Yesterday was not a one off - others will follow as sure as night follows day. There will be refs looking away from the action and another blatant pen will go begging, and arm or hand or no arm or hand another goal of ours will be chalked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.