COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha nice to have a fellow blue in these parts. I live on Walton rd just off marsland rd

I’m Maple Road - I’ve taken the little one to the park near you on a few occasions

Maybe I’ll catch up with you in the Brook one day when all this is over and share lockdown stories.

Stay safe, neighbour.....

Now we are all locked down the spirit of the blitz myth peddlers will be all out, telling us how we never folded and went crazy/soft/panicky during the war even though none of them actually lived through it.

People suffered a lot of psychological trauma, were trampled over by each other get into shelters, had their houses robbed during raids, social and ethnic division crept in when it came to shelters and who was let in, and most just hid at home and the myth of everyone pulling together to keep calm and carry on was over egged.
Even the king was booed when visiting bomb sights regulary.
While many of those kids sent to countryside were sent back within six months to bombed out cities as they were deemed by the locals to be diluting these little villages with their common city ways.

Gimps ignoring the advice and using the spirit of the blitz and other bollocks as a reason to do exactly the wrong thing need to be told to get a grip and do whats right.
Winston Churchill is often looked open as one of the greatest men of the C.20th but in the very first General Election after the war the country voted him out because the returning soldiers fucking hated the ****!

But he’s looked back on very differently now to how he was looked at in 1945.
Yes. I am isolating. So are my Mum and Dad. I skyped them yesterday but was upset at their reaction that a BBC report was suggesting they'd still be isolating in 12 months. That really isn't the projection at all.

People IMO do need to isolate and follow the advice but they also need hope.
It didn’t say self isolating for 12 months, it said social distancing for 12 months.

Therefore, 2+metres apart from each other, no hugging or kissing, no touching, no high fives, do not share cups/cutlery, do not take food from the same bowl, stay in as much as you can, do not go to gatherings, go out for necessities, self isolate for 14 days if you show symptoms... all for 12 months.

It is not self isolate for 12 months.

I am still remembering me being to you "wipe your fanny" when 2 weeks or so ago, I said this was the biggest crisis facing this country since WW2.

There are still people on LinkedIn and Twitter arguing the toss about the % survival rate and that most will only get a runny nose

Reading their posts it’s like they live in a parallel universe or they are watching a different news channel. Someone told me on Thursday that the ‘scaremongers’ has got to me - unbelievable. This has been obvious to anyone who’s paid attention for about 6-8 weeks. Now I understand why not all people do pay attention, they might not have the radio on all day like I do but if they haven’t realised in the past 2-3 weeks then I don’t think they ever will

Can anyone help me with advice please as I have read so much I am confused.

We are self isolating because my lads gf has been told to ( she works in hospital ). My lads bosses have told him to do the same, which means we have been told to as well by our surgery.

Can one of us go out and get food etc or do we have to get someone to shop for us ?

Thanks ...

Yes you should get someone else to shop for you.
Local voluntary groups may be operating. Have a quick Google for your area. Or even ask Bluemooners in your area (use PM).

Assume the packaging of whatever you get is contaminated. Simplest if you don't need stuff immediately is just to leave it 3 days - if it's perishable wipe the packaging with soapy water, get the food out with an implement e.g. fork, into a plate, and wash hands after.

We are self isolating because my lads gf has been told to ( she works in hospital ). My lads bosses have told him to do the same, which means we have been told to as well by our surgery.

Can one of us go out and get food etc or do we have to get someone to shop for us ?

Thanks ...
Hello 'give it to gordon'.

My Mum and Dad are over 70s'. They use Tesco online but the delivery slots are hammered. They are getting my brother to do their shopping for them.

As per Urban Genie's comment, you could contact friends, family, neighbours to do the same?

If no alternative, don't sit at home hungry and worrying, go out and do it but sensibly keeping your distance and time it so that you miss queues etc.

I think all the measures we've been given are about protecting our general health. We just need to be careful and sensible.

Best wishes.

Not sure if this article from the Lancet has been linked here as it’s a couple of days old but very interesting read on co-morbidity factors.

ACE inhibitors such as used by diabetics and those who have high blood pressure seem to increase the production of ACE2, the cell type that nCov binds to, which may mean that such people are at risk. It seems ACE2 is substantially increased in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, who are treated with ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II type-I receptor blockers (ARBs).

if anybody does take these tablets for either ailment can’t they come off them for a while safely? during this period? Huge amount of diabetics in the UK and US so not sure if these inhibitors are dispensed of to everyone with 1 and 2?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30116-8/fulltext
As I take ACE inhibitors I've been following this for a couple of weeks and the situation is a bit more nuanced than the Lancet article. In fact there are other studies that show taking these medicines can help people during this outbreak due to the antiinflammatory nature of the ACE2 enzyme.
In addition the Chinese say one of the things that is found in the dead are very low potassium levels.
People on ACE inhibitors and blockers are often advised to avoid bananas, avocados because of the high potassium content. Why? Because the two drugs tend to cause decreased sodium and high potassium levels. So eating more bananas can take your potassium levels to high and your sodium levels dangerously low.
So in short a drug that raise your potassium levels might theoretically be useful if infected by covid 19.
As I say it's complicated and the current advice until more is known is to continue the medication.

Thanks ...

from the BBC

What is self-isolation?
Self-isolating means staying at home and not leaving it, other than for exercise. Don't go to work, school or public areas during this time.

If possible, you should not go out even to buy food or other essentials. If you are unable to get supplies delivered, you should do what you can to limit social contact when you do leave the house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

Just looking at the pictures of the pubs being packed with young people getting drunk and hugging each other etc.

It's hard to think that 80 years ago it was that age group that was fighting for our freedom. How times have changed, now its ignore the advice of keeping the public safe we are out to get pissed.

90231682_3164151723629809_8492935465744203776_n-1.jpg

Apologies if someone already posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.