COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very interesting. I've been waiting for an explanation of Germany's lower death count because it just doesn't make sense unless old Adolf and Nietzsche were right about the Ubermensch.

It will come out soon if it's connected to something like Ozone. Just have to stay safe for a few weeks and so many new things will come out about this disease and it's treatment.
Do you think it may have something to do with using ""the underlying conditions" on the death notes rather than the virus that accelerated death?

The club has implemented a protocol, no rakes, don't touch the flag, keep your distance etc. As long as the greens staff stay healthy and are able to maintain the course we should be ok. I know there are bigger fish to fry but it will be good for our morale.
I played at our course a couple of days back. They have lifted the cylinder a couple of inches out of the holes so that you can't putt into the hole. Just have to hit the cylinder. No touching flags/hands in holes required. Worked really well, was fun, and kept us well apart. Everyone can stay a long way apart. Hope for a lot of reasons (sanity and fitness) that the courses stay open

Do you think it may have something to do with using ""the underlying conditions" on the death notes rather than the virus that accelerated death?
No. 100% not. There's no evidence anyone is doing that, it is a conspiracy theory.

Here is some evidence to back up the above claims. There is plenty of it.
1. Hypokalemia (potassium deficiency).
https://www.thailandmedical.news/ne...lemia-present-in-almost-all-covid-19-patients
Clearly, having naturally high levels of Potassium can only help.
WARNINGS:
- DO NOT INCREASE THE LEVEL OF POTASSiUM IN YOUR BODY UNNATURALLY! IT CAN BE FATAL
- Some people with Kidney disease need to have a low potassium diet.
- Some asthma medication lowers potassium levels but the medicine literature will tell you to have a high potassium diet to counter this.
https://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/ho...pokalemia-low-level-of-potassium-in-the-blood
If in doubt talk to a doctor.

2. Vitamin D.
WHO: https://www.who.int/elena/titles/commentary/vitamind_pneumonia_children/en/
Vitamin D and Coronavirus (take some of this evidence with a pinch of salt but the volume of evidence is overwhelming): https://vitamindwiki.com/COVID-19+Coronavirus+can+most+likely+be+fought+by+Vitamin+D
Taking too much Vitamin D can be bad for you, but with the UK climate, and it's lack of sunlight, most people are naturally slightly deficient.

3. Boosting the immune system
3.1.1 Vitamin C:
Is isn't a wonder drug or silver bullet, but it does help. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2099400/
Having a balanced diet is key to fighting any infection and taking a multivitamin is sufficient to boost your system, but when you get ill, every little boost helps.

3.1.2 Zinc:
Zinc is a well known aid to help against cold and flu. The reason is it interferes with RNA virus replication.
Is isn't a wonder drug or a silver bullet, but it does help when you get ill.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Replication_of_These_Viruses_in_Cell_Culture

3.2 Echinacea:
There is plenty of evidence out there that indicates that this extract is a natural anti-viral medicine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058675/

4. Gargling with very warm salt water
Plenty of rebuttal evidence out there for this. Especially if you have high blood pressue (so don't if you have)
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gargling-eliminate-coronavirus/
But... Gargling with salt water does ease a sore throat. Warm water is better still. You only need a little salt though 1/3 of a teaspoon for a small beaker. Also any delay in virus build up gives your body more time to fight it. So it ain't a cure but unless you've got high blood pressure it's worthwhile.

I should also have mentioned that if you have Asthma you need to make sure you are managing your illness to the best if your ability. The higher your peak flow level if you get it, the more likely you are to not need medical intervention.
Thanks for posting that. Heard about the potassium link. Maybe it was from the same article. The anxiety re hypertensive drugs may be partly offset by the fact that they increase potassium levels.

Hopefully the Chinese will analyse more more data and let us all know.

Well yes. So are most people, now. He was saying the government should have done it sooner and the herd immunity stuff was badly flawed science.

It’s a theory that they thought of as there isn’t going to be a vaccine this year, it’s one theory of several and they’ve decided to change course as it’s become more apparent the NHS won’t cope.

The lockdown method is still only a theory and isn’t having flourishing results in Italy but I do think protecting the NHS is paramount now and London will be Lombardy soon enough.

I do think it’s good the government are being agile, if they were pressing ahead with a theory that wasn’t backed up by evidence elsewhere, I’d be a lot more worried. The fact they are willing to alter course is only good.

They’re also trying to do this whilst ensuring we have an economy to come back to, because as happened in 2008, people literally die when there’s such an economic crash.

At least you have the 7th April. For my Mum, there is nothing. No slots whatsoever with any of the supermarkets. Sainsburys are not even accepting new registrations.

The Clarkie above talking about essentials. Well I would have thought getting *something* was essential.

Not a massive help this I know but the smaller local shops do seem to be better stocked than the supermarkets at this stage. Try your local village shops if you can.

Just idiotic then. And BTW have you tried buying cleaning products online, or indeed any of the other things you are are essential? Good luck with that.
Idiotic?

How do you think we evolved from Australopithecines two million years ago up to about ten thousand years ago without bread and milk, up to about 150 years ago without toilet roll and toothpaste, and up to 100 years ago without shampoo?

They are not essential!

Yet our species would have died out long ago without veg, roots, legumes, nuts, fruit, meat, birds and fish. They absolutely are the essentials!

I went to my local shop for my cleaning products.

As I take ACE inhibitors I've been following this for a couple of weeks and the situation is a bit more nuanced than the Lancet article. In fact there are other studies that show taking these medicines can help people during this outbreak due to the antiinflammatory nature of the ACE2 enzyme.
In addition the Chinese say one of the things that is found in the dead are very low potassium levels.
People on ACE inhibitors and blockers are often advised to avoid bananas, avocados because of the high potassium content. Why? Because the two drugs tend to cause decreased sodium and high potassium levels. So eating more bananas can take your potassium levels to high and your sodium levels dangerously low.
So in short a drug that raise your potassium levels might theoretically be useful if infected by covid 19.
As I say it's complicated and the current advice until more is known is to continue the medication.

Thanks for this informative post.

@BlueAnorak mentioned blood pressure a few times when they described their own experience with Covid-19 further back in this thread.

I did post a message with an alert asking if this was because they have high blood pressure.

Hopefully, they will notice the alert and let us know.

It's only one person but if they got through it while taking an ACE inhibitor, it would still provide a bit of reassurance for others who take this medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.