COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a nice story

A mother who was feared to have made the "last phone call" to her children as she was put on a ventilator has left hospital with her newborn baby.

Kathrine Dawson, 36, was left fighting for her life after contracting COVID-19 at 32 weeks pregnant, and her daughter Ruby was born already infected with the virus - making the child one of the youngest coronavirus patients in the world

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-chance-leaves-hospital-with-newborn-11984234

The dad wasn't allowed in for 26 days

She caught it even when shielding at home,this is why everyone has to protect each other,it will find a way in if not

When did they start relaxing lockdown? I thought it was only in the last few days. I wouldn't think that would have an impact on death figures so quickly.

That's a fair point. I wouldn't have thought their very recent slight loosening of the lockdown would be affecting the death toll by such a sizeable amount by this stage. The number increasing is still worrying all the same, as I say let's hope its 'just' a spike and the overall trend continues downwards.

The infection numbers are well worth keeping an eye on and the results of the lockdown easing will be more telling in these figures. Today's numbers a few hundred higher than the day before all be it with slightly more testing. Let's see what the next couple of weeks bring.

8 days since we became aware of the problem in care homes and yet every resident and member of staff has yet to be tested.
Who's "we"? The government?

"We" have known for 8 weeks that it was a problem (unless we choose not to "know" what was happening in Italy and Spain}.

The economy stupid. Gotta fire up the engines of business and get Britain working again (and fuck the pesky corpses that will be the inevitable result). The caring, sharing Conservatives.
The economy isn’t just some abstract tory thing though is it. Its peoples, livelihoods, how they pay the mortgage feed their family. Now I don’t think nows the time, but at some point while some are still dying businesses will need to start up again. My business is okay staying shut for another 2 or 3 weeks, I’m fine with that. At that point though money runs out, can’t pay my shop rent, have zero income can’t pay my mortgage. Britain working, the economy working isn’t about being tories, I’m not it’s about real life.

Last edited:
The economy isn’t just some abstract tory thing though is it. Its peoples, livelihoods, how they pay the mortgage feed their family. Now I don’t nows the time, but at some point while some are still dying businesses will need to start up again. My business is okay staying shut for another 2 or 3 weeks, I’m fine with that. At that point though money runs out, can’t pay my shop rent, have zero income can’t pay my mortgage. Britain working, the economy working isn’t about being tories, I’m not it’s about real life.

Clearly some don't need to work and have paid off mortgages etc. so aren't concerned by about having to earn money to pay the bills and put food on the table. Congratulations to them and good luck but not everyone is that fortunate.

Clearly some don't need to work and have paid off mortgages etc. so aren't concerned by about having to earn money to pay the bills and put food on the table. Congratulations to them and good luck but not everyone is that fortunate.

Absolutely bang on and this is one area the virus will discriminate on and the poor will get it with both barrels again unfortunately

nothings been relaxed yet.

The first lifting of restrictions possibly on Monday will be minimal- he’s not going to announce everyone go out down the pub.
It will be minimal and for 90 % of us the lockdown will continue to May 28th when it will be reviewed again.
We have one of the largest phone/broadband providers in the country in our building and they are in discussions with the government and they have been given a 3 week plan to start again with an initial 50 people out of approx 1200 workers allowed back at first and slowly ramping up over the next 3 months to potentially 50% of their workforce returning, with the other 50% working from home
The amount of safety work that has to be done to allow even this small amount of workers to return is phenomenal
The world is changing rapidly and everyone is going to have to adapt to the new normal until we find a vaccine

Who's "we"? The government?

"We" have known for 8 weeks that it was a problem (unless we choose not to "know" what was happening in Italy and Spain}.
We knew it was a problem but not in the numbers that were disclosed by the Care Comission and two weeks and one week ago by the ONS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.