Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly i think this is how its going to play out this transfer

1,Messi says he wants to leave
2,Messi says he wants to play for Man city
3,Barca board furious smear campaign begins
4,Bartomeu says he will resign so messi stays
5,Bartomeu says messi cant leave making bartomeu seem not weak in a power struggle with messi
6,Messi dosent turn up for tests making him look like the villain
7,Bartomeu says messi didnt turn up spins it in the only way he can to the press, thinking Barca fans will turn on Messi
8,Bartomeu gives in to Messi's demands, spinning the story in a way saying he did eveything to keep Messi at the club
9,Bartomeu dosent leave messi leave for free, demands a fee from city makes bartomeu still feel he has all the cards
10, City agree fee with Barca for Messi , Bartomeu comes out smelling like roses saying we did all we could but atlest we got money and players in return.
11 Messi signs for city , week later spanish press attack messi full force turning him into the next Figo
12 Bartomeu in his head wins as hes made messi look like the villain through it al

I know Bartomeu a lot to know what's up to. It's all a ploy to say he tried everything in his power to keep Messi. He'll make a lot of noise about it, but is real goal is to sell Messi. He has to free up a lot of debt before he leaves. Him getting around 120m to 150m euros fee.... whilst also saving another 75m to 100m euros in salary and bonuses. That will cover most of the debt, so Bartomeu and the board won't be liable to cover it. I suspect he's trying to bring Messi down with him. And I would rather Messi win than let Bartomeu claim victory.

The majority of Barcelona fans are fine with Messi leaving. Sure, I'm going to miss him, but he's earned the right to leave. He's won so many trophies and carried us enough. If Messi wants a new challenge where he can compete at the highest level then he should be allowed to. He shouldn't have to struggle when he only has around 3 to 4 years to go.

We know our rebuild won't happen till next summer..... and it's going to take a while before we can even compete at the highest level again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.