The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
One thing I don't get. Why join in? Maintain the moral high ground and stay out, build a huge legacy of success in domestic competition and same in the Champs League. avoid the wrath of fans and the government and watch as inevitably these European super clubs as franchise's become Jerusalem Hotspur, Manchester ( Texas ) United and Mumbai-Pool Football Company
This may not be popular but I think owners were supportive of this. We should stop pretending the club had their arms twisted or backed into the corner over it.

Next season will be fun if this continues.

The Premier League, not wanting to kill the so called best league in the world will allow everyone in. We then get the situation of Us, Utd and Chelsea not playing in the CL but the new super duper league. 4th, say it's Leicester is in the CL. Along with the next 3 none super duper league teams. We get to play in the FA Cup, we put out an U23 side in the League Cup.

I've never been fond of the CL in it's current format let along their mad idea to allow historical clubs in via the backdoor so winning the league will still be a big thing in my head.

This means there are two Euro leagues running. One CL, one Super Duper League.

Which falls first? Because if the Super Duper League generates huge money, sponsorship and worldwide coverage then you can bet your bottom Dollar that clubs will see the huge windfalls available and join in.

We got in at the start. Horrible as it may sound. If it fails we come back with our tails between our legs.

Me? I hate it all. I hate Uefa giving it all the "We love football" when it's their money grabbing that has caused this. They knew about this weeks ago which is why they proposed the new format. A halfway house. I hate Sky and their years of the "Big 4" and "Super Sundays" but most of all I hate football being like this.

49 years ago I fell in love with City. I was young, very young but would I have changed the heartache, the piss taking and all the other crap that came with supporting a team always classed as everyone's second favourite team? Would I fuck. I'm proud of the journey. It's partly made me who I am today. I've made many great friends over the years.

And now we play the best football I've ever seen. It's a joy to watch. Beautiful. Beautiful game. As it should be played. Sure I've adapted my watching style over the years. I've come to ignore the play acting, the lack of sliding tackles and the shrieks of the death of a player only for them to magically resurrect themselves moments later because of the joy with winning. Winning beautifully as well.

And now this. My business head agrees with the theory. My football head hates it. With a passion. It goes against everything I've ever thought football should be.

But what do I know. I'm old.

WTF we could be kicked out of the CL semis along with Real and Chelsea!? Oh the drama of it all! :)

UEFA and the cartel. We are part of the cartel
You are right of course but it's not too late for someone to try and calm things down. I also think if City did step back a bit it might just create some space for discussion. At the moment it is just all-out war. If UEFA hand this year's Champs League to PSG (by booting us, Real, and Chelsea out) it will just fan the flames.
The owners of PSG (led by Al Khelaifi) have a huge financial relationship with UEFA via Bein Sports and with FIFA for the Qatar World Cup. Throwing the clubs out would be seen as just another corrupt decision by UEFA. If it happens there will be no way back for either side.

He gives less than 2 shits about our club, we barely get a mention.
Probably because United, Arsenal and Liverpool are the main drivers of it. So far it’s been indicated in reports we don’t actually want it. And why would we? We were about to win the title and are currently sat in a CL semi-final. Our role doesn’t seem to make sense at this time.

Next season will be fun if this continues.

The Premier League, not wanting to kill the so called best league in the world will allow everyone in. We then get the situation of Us, Utd and Chelsea not playing in the CL but the new super duper league. 4th, say it's Leicester is in the CL. Along with the next 3 none super duper league teams. We get to play in the FA Cup, we put out an U23 side in the League Cup.

I've never been fond of the CL in it's current format let along their mad idea to allow historical clubs in via the backdoor so winning the league will still be a big thing in my head.

This means there are two Euro leagues running. One CL, one Super Duper League.

Which falls first? Because if the Super Duper League generates huge money, sponsorship and worldwide coverage then you can bet your bottom Dollar that clubs will see the huge windfalls available and join in.

We got in at the start. Horrible as it may sound. If it fails we come back with our tails between our legs.

Me? I hate it all. I hate Uefa giving it all the "We love football" when it's their money grabbing that has caused this. They knew about this weeks ago which is why they proposed the new format. A halfway house. I hate Sky and their years of the "Big 4" and "Super Sundays" but most of all I hate football being like this.

49 years ago I fell in love with City. I was young, very young but would I have changed the heartache, the piss taking and all the other crap that came with supporting a team always classed as everyone's second favourite team? Would I fuck. I'm proud of the journey. It's partly made me who I am today. I've made many great friends over the years.

And now we play the best football I've ever seen. It's a joy to watch. Beautiful. Beautiful game. As it should be played. Sure I've adapted my watching style over the years. I've come to ignore the play acting, the lack of sliding tackles and the shrieks of the death of a player only for them to magically resurrect themselves moments later because of the joy with winning. Winning beautifully as well.

And now this. My business head agrees with the theory. My football head hates it. With a passion. It goes against everything I've ever thought football should be.

But what do I know. I'm old.
Good post, mate.

Pep was potentially on the brink of a monumental season, and now it’s all been made meaningless by those above him. How could he not be pissed by that? All the work he did in this most testing of seasons was a complete and utter waste of his time. I do hope he stands up for what is right, he usually does.
Well said, and don't forget the players.

I still feel sick.

I feel like such a mug.

I trusted Khaldoon implicitly. What a prat I am.

He’s no different to FSG and the Glaziers.

I’ll never look at our owners the same again.

They’ve destroyed 10 years of good work getting into bed with the very same people that have tried to destroy our club for the last decade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.