The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The players will revolt once they find out their wages will be limited. The SL is introducing a salary gap which means that more money can go to the shareholders. Player power will be severely limited as the other leagues will be decimated if this is brought in and there will be less money all rouns unless of course you are one of the owners of these clubs.

I live in the states... they are the most boring leagues in all of sport, even baseball is more competitive albeit not my thing. In the Nfl and NBA the top players cry and whine and move every few years to the top bidder. Soon you have juggernauts and ultimately it's the same 4 clubs recycled as champs. Let's not even get started on the playoff system especially in NFL where you literally only need to outcompete 3 other teams in your division to be guaranteed playoff contention so the team who does just enough to qualify then gets hot for a few weeks is declared champion... There is no relegation and very little of the bottom ever beating the top.
this is a horrible take on sports in america

Pep is spot on about why Ajax is not involved.

Why is United that haven't won the league in 7 years part of this?
Why is Leicester City that won it not invited?
And why Arsenal and Spurs?

Obviously we all know the answer, but Pep posed good questions.

Mr PB, if we do roll but, would the timing be right for City to press go on that legal master you’ve been alluding to for about 18 months with Liverpool?
It is City, so this all could just as well be a cock-up as a cunning plan. But I really don't know what's happened with that.

I don't think we'd go down the sweeping it quietly under the carpet route again, given we'd done that once with little impact. If what I heard was even partly true, there would have been potentially criminal offences involved. But you've got to be able to prove those.

Some fans can't leave their bitterness towards other clubs behind when something so monumental that is bigger than rivalries is going on.

Exactly, this needs to be stopped. The only people that benefit from supporters turning on each other and players/managers in some misguided loyalty to their clubs are the SL lot.

Who the fuck does Henderson think he is? Apart from a **** who wants to take credit for everything
How can anyone have an issue with it? At least he’s doing something. People were saying earlier things like “I wonder what the players think? If they aren’t on board, it will collapse” etc. Well Henderson, to his credit, wants to find out. This is way bigger than football tribalism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.