#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only player who created any good chances --> people still want him gone, what?

Just because he makes some mistakes with his actions, you can't discount the rest.

None of our forwards got any service from the midfield or fullbacks.
DUDE. You’re meant to hate the guy, you know the rules.

Some decent movement,surprised the penalty (despite the dive) wasnt awarded,but his control was its usual standard....he couldnt trap a bag of cement.Deserved the start to build on an encouraging first game,but should have been replaced at HT.

The story of his entire season. He has a half decent game, either scores or sets one up and you think he's turned the corner and getting back on track and then his next game he stinks the place out.

Was nowhere near as bad as quite a few others for England last night.
I did laugh though when one of the commentators said something like " his control let him down then, not something that usually happens with Sterling ".......really ???

Was nowhere near as bad as quite a few others for England last night.
I did laugh though when one of the commentators said something like " his control let him down then, not something that usually happens with Sterling ".......really ???
That was a classic.

I don't mind people criticising Sterling or any forward when they miss chances, but this mindless spamming of the performance thread every time he doesn't score in a game is so mind numbingly stupid I can't believe people are still doing it.

It's a thread. It's about Raheem Sterling. He plays football. He played last night. He was shit. Again. It merits comment. I don't match your incredulity when people come on here "spamming" that this is just a "dip in form". It's their opinion but, in my opinion, it isn't.

Not great. But still our biggest threat.
All three of the forwards suffering for the lack of quality behind them (though Kane does look seriously off the pace). Find a couple of midfielders willing/able to pass the ball forwards and we’d be ok.

Not great. But still our biggest threat.
All three of the forwards suffering for the lack of quality behind them (though Kane does look seriously off the pace). Find a couple of midfielders willing/able to pass the ball forwards and we’d be ok.

Agree. He tried to make things happen but was quickly surrounded and had no outlet. Kane was abysmal. And with two DMs there was no opportunity to go back and retain possession and the attack.

We were impatient in possession and tried to force things in the final third too much. But Southgate was moronic to take Foden off. The key to us winning the game was more patience and quality in possession and Foden for Grealish was stupid. Both needed to be on the pitch. He ended up switching Sterling to Foden's wing and putting Grealish wide left...where Foden has been best for City. Inexplicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.