It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ings, hell I even like JFE. So this isn't about not rating non-City players. I've watched Arsenal play countless times, and imho Lacazatte is a bang average player. Meaning he is good on some days, shite on other days.
IMO he's class and always has been. Great touch and control, and good at all aspects but not super quick. One of those players who has a lot of power and great touch. Normally its one or the other.

jesus is a wide-forward. Lacazette is a proper centre-forward. This kind of dumb talk is what saw us miss out on Ings. City snobs not unable to see talent because they have been following football for all of 10 years. Lacazette is a quality player in an average side. That happens a lot.

Lacazette isn't any more of a "proper centre forward" than Jesus is. He spent most of his career playing on the left and then moved inside because he lost a bit of pace and him cutting inside is nowhere near as successful as it was for Lyon.

He's a good player but the Gabriel Jesus comparison is relevant and I'm confident in saying Gabby comes out on top. He always struck me as a whinger, too.

Agree entirely
For probably the majority of my lifelong support for City I have endured hostility, being patronized and being the subject of amusement due to supporting a City team and management that did not deserve our loyal support.
As my dad said to me all those years ago anyone can support united, supporting City is character building.
Your Dad was 100% right, he brought you up well

I didn't feel deflated in the first place, so no, nothing has changed in that respect. We were being ridiculed by who? Twitter users? Seriously, who gives a shit what some random no-mark thinks on Twitter?
Read that back.

I have a hard time believing that the people at the club would allow itself to get played like they did this window and not try to have the last laugh. Something must be in the works
Think the problem is cash, not just the final transfer fee. Grealish was a 100 mil release clause. We forked over that money in cash, and let's be real most companies don't have 100 mil lying around, let alone football clubs with their relatively tiny revenues. Any other deal that we do would require us to pay a fuck ton of cash again. For example, Levy wanted 150 mil cash upfront, no add ons, no multi-year payment structure. Really unrealistic demands. So my feeling is that we are waiting to sell at least one big name player, like Bernardo. If we do that, we might see some movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.