Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Got faster trains here in spain. It’s a disgrace.
Got a high speed train from Malaga to Seville when we played there. It was cheap and very fast. Fantastic compared to the services we have in the UK. Spain used to be terrible for transport but now its cities are years ahead of the UK with integrated and very cheap systems.

I think the Met could work really well if we had a fully integrated public transport pricing structure (that Andy Burnham has been promising for years). If you could buy one cheap ticket and any form of public transport within one day buses and trams would be far busier.

If I solely relied on public transport for City I could either get a bus to the met stop (paying for both separately and journey takes over an hour for around 7/8 miles) or I can get a bus to a train station into picc then either walk or get the met... that would cost over £12 easily. I might as well get an uber!
The trams aren't proper trams, they are adapted to use existing BR station platforms. Go to Europe and see how a proper tram looks and how much better they run their sytems.

I have to use Metrolink to get to the Etihad because I choose not to drive and the buses take a lifetime to get you there. However I constantly moan about the service because it is not fit for purpose and no allowance is made on match days for the increase in passenger numbers.

I wrote to our esteemed Mayor (prat) about this and received a load of bullshit and waffle for a response, so he obviously doesn't give a fuck. I also think the Club are less than interested and are more concerned with corporates than the old style fan, shame on them if that is the case.

The trams aren't proper trams, they are adapted to use existing BR station platforms. Go to Europe and see how a proper tram looks and how much better they run their sytems.

I have to use Metrolink to get to the Etihad because I choose not to drive and the buses take a lifetime to get you there. However I constantly moan about the service because it is not fit for purpose and no allowance is made on match days for the increase in passenger numbers.

I wrote to our esteemed Mayor (prat) about this and received a load of bullshit and waffle for a response, so he obviously doesn't give a fuck. I also think the Club are less than interested and are more concerned with corporates than the old style fan, shame on them if that is the case.
I think the Met is alright. It’s no London Underground, but it’s expanded a lot since the three Bury/Altrincham/Eccles lines of old and it’s pretty damn reliable.

The major ballache is that every line is anchored in town. Bury to Rochdale should be 3 stops, not 28 stops over 2 lines for 70 minutes, per the Metrolink app. Inter-connectivity between lines is a shambles.

The difference in Europe is the perception of public transport and how commercial transport is so much more financially viable.
In general they see the role of public transport primarily as a cheap affordable and reliable way of getting people to work.
Our governance doesn't.
You can put a container on rail stock in Moscow and it will not leave that rail stock until it gets to The Port of Rotterdam.

I think the Met is alright. It’s no London Underground, but it’s expanded a lot since the three Bury/Altrincham/Eccles lines of old and it’s pretty damn reliable.

The major ballache is that every line is anchored in town. Bury to Rochdale should be 3 stops, not 28 stops over 2 lines for 70 minutes, per the Metrolink app. Inter-connectivity between lines is a shambles.

Agree its not as bad as people make out, if you can actually use it.

Burnham's first job when elected as Mayor was to charge pensioners £10 every year to use the trams and trains when using their FREE PASS. Cheaper transport my arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.