James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Football should be tribal. Fuck me, most of us spend the majority of our lives being serious in our day to day lives to put food on the table and pay bills. I like the escapism that comes with football and part of that is calling anybody who plays for utd a ****. Even if they aren't.

There's a difference between being tribal and being blinded by tribalism.

Im not a big fan of footballers who spend their time trying to establish themselves as a brand over actually playing football.
Thoughts on Jack Grealish mate?

sorry I know we stopped talking about Sancho but just thought the irony to say this while we have quite a few of our own players who are very big on that social personality side.

Thoughts on Jack Grealish mate?

sorry I know we stopped talking about Sancho but just thought the irony to say this while we have quite a few of our own players who are very big on that social personality side.
My thoughts are he plays for City so as a hypocritical **** I'm not arsed about what he does as long as he produces on the pitch... :-)

Some posters are completely incapable of thinking rationally about a player that leaves us.

Look no further than Eric Garcia for proof.

People genuinely hated him. He was 5th choice CB, offered the chance to be a starter at Barcelona when the club had spent £100m to buy Aké and Dias to go ahead of him along side £50m stones and £60m Laporte, all 25 years old or younger. I don't think there's ever been a more shut off pathway into the first team for a young player.
Not arguing with your general point that Garcia behaved professionally, but he refused contracts and agreed to go to Barcelona, before Ake and Ruben were signed.
We may have only signed one if he was staying.

Not arguing with your general point that Garcia behaved professionally, but he refused contracts and agreed to go to Barcelona, before Ake and Ruben were signed.
We may have only signed one if he was staying.
I mean it’s a bit naive to think he didn’t know what was planned. Same with Nmecha this year, he was told the club were signing a big striker so he looked elsewhere, if he knew what we and he knows now he may have stayed considering he’d be our only striker. Garcia clearly knew City wanted to sign 2 CBs and regardless of whether they did or not Barca’s offer was more tempting for him.

Having made his PL debut think he deserves to have his performances appraised on his own thread in the Player performances forum rather than the academy forum.

He fitted in a lot of promise in his 5 min cameo against Everton. Looked really sharp and did not looked fazed playing with the first team players.

Would like to see him played as the false 9, feel his finishing is very impressive and can score all sorts of goals. Also has shown he has a great ability to link up with other players with his progressive creative play. Could be considered to be in his best form right now and I would not be disappointed if I saw him start a PL game as a false 9. Although he has Palmer as current competition trying to get his break too.

Last edited:
Having made his PL debut think he deserves to have his performances appraised on here rather than the academy forum.

He fitted in a lot of promise in his 5 min cameo against Everton. Looked really sharp and did not looked fazed playing with the first team players.

Would like to see him played as the false 9, feel his finishing is very impressive and can score all sorts of goals. Also has shown he has a great ability to link up with other players with his progressive creative play. Could be considered to be in his best form right now and I would not be disappointed if I saw him start a PL game as a false 9. Although he has Palmer as current competition trying to get his break too.
he is too weak to be a strikerr in the PL he will be pushed off the ball easily. Palmer and Foden are very good at holding off the defenders and bouncing off them and have a much bigger frame than him. he clearly has all the attributes of a midfielder we should develop him there.

he is too weak to be a strikerr in the PL he will be pushed off the ball easily. Palmer and Foden are very good at holding off the defenders and bouncing off them and have a much bigger frame than him. he clearly has all the attributes of a midfielder we should develop him there.

agree. He’s a fantastic midfielder and should be played there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.